Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Food choices??

Re: Dog Food choices??

Nuto ultra no fillers so what you put in is used and you dont end up picking up tones of crap. healthy coat, easy to digest, No Bi products, healthyeyes,
    VEGETARIAN (vej' eter' een) n:
    Old Indian Word for
    BAD HUNTER

i feed natural balance . been very happy for four years

i feed both of my german shorthaired pointers nutro max(lamb and rice) once a week they get some rollover. goodluck.

Costco kirkland for my german sheperd as well.He also gets left over moose /elk and he loves raw veggies out of the garden .The dog well eat any kind of veg.The grandkids even give him strawberrys

I've tried a number of different brands and finally settled on Happy Paws, an Island firm, which produces an excellant product without all the chemical additives. Since then I've changed again and made my own with moose, deer, chicken, some organ meats, a few vegetables etc. Has worked great and given the pup some variety. I did a lot of research on some to the commercial brands and the components (type and origin) and method of production scared the hell out of me.

Both our labs are on Natural Choice Large breed. Very happy with it.

Solid Gold and Orijen are excellent foods. In addition, a food called Go! is good. You can get Solid Gold and Go! at Scruffy Tail Petstore(or something like that) across from Save On Foods in Sardis. The Orijen petfood (Made in Alberta) is available from the petfood store across from Superstore and Futureshop in Chillibush. Hope this helps. We mix our food 50/50 with Summitt and Go! (made by the same manufacturer just diff. nutrients).
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Wow! Looks like some dogs eat better than most people! Now - dogs on the raw diets, do they eat every day?
    ~D
    Don't wait up.....

We used to feed Iams Lamb and Rice, but since the pet food scare we have switched to the Technical Lamb and Rice seniors blend. The dog seems to really like it and her coat is really shiny.

I feed raw and my dogs do get fed everyday....both my dogs are in dog sports(agility and flyball) so I generally feed 2.5 - 3% of their body weight per day...which I divide into two meals.
    The biggest selling point for me(aside from the increased energy level and beautiful white teeth) is the small poops that have no smell(unless I feed heart.)
    It really isn't much more than a "high" quality kibble.
    It is a bit of a commitment to do your research and start feeding this way but once you get going the biggest job is remembering to take things out of the freezer and making sure you clean up properly.
    If anyone has any questions about raw feel free to contact me.
    Cheers,
    Alisha