Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where’s the stories ?

Where’s the stories ?

Geeez C’mon fellas where’s the stories ? I’m probably not going to make it out this year ,so it would be good to see some pictures and stories of your hunts . Surely not everyone has had no luck !

I have read in different threads that a lot of fellas don’t post stories and pictures because of harvesting animals that are not Record Book Material and others rag on them . Piss on that man ! I don’t think that’s kosher in my book ! C’mon man let’s hear them and see the pictures !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where’s the stories ?

I shot my first big game animal in Aug this year, me and my 11 year old daughter did a fly in goat hunt, I also shot my first deer (second big game animal) last week as well with the same daughter. I can post the pics and stories if you wish

Probably nothing from us this season other than our grouse road hunt thread. I will live through others stories. Here's hoping we see some nice BT drop next couple weeks. Those love sick bucks should already be walking around like zombies with their tongues out drooling all over the place.

Its the internet these days..putting pics and stories up is like putting yourself on trial...it gets old.

Also it blows up your spots, If you give me a alpine pic with mountain scenery behind it I can probably figure out the spot using google earth, if I can so can others. Some spots are good because no one elae is there..

That said I miss the stories as well..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Goat for your first, WOW go big right off the bat, most have to work up to that. You must have good backpack camping experience.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Its the internet these days..putting pics and stories up is like putting yourself on trial...it gets old.

Also it blows up your spots, If you give me a alpine pic with mountain scenery behind it I can probably figure out the spot using google earth, if I can so can others. Some spots are good because no one elae is there..

That said I miss the stories as well..
    Easy enough to take pics without showing mountains. You're right about that for sure, one pic with a recognizable land mark will definitely blow up a spot. I miss including scenery shots, but it's easy enough to take pics and crop pics that don't give anything away.

Stories are the best part in my books anyway, something you don't see much of on FB or IG...just "shot this guy yesterday morning" and a pic... yawn... stories is what makes HBC a better platform IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
    I shot my first big game animal in Aug this year, me and my 11 year old daughter did a fly in goat hunt, I also shot my first deer (second big game animal) last week as well with the same daughter. I can post the pics and stories if you wish
    Hey glad you and your daughter were successful!
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Quote Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
    Would love to read the story. That one will deserve it's own thread for sure

ok ill post both my big game stories, the deer isn't nearly the story the goat is. ill make a new thread to put them in

I will never post another story thanks to a few negative contributors.
    A few pics and that,s all. That's life.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"