Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mennonite sausage in fsj

Mennonite sausage in fsj

Heading up to fsj for work next week anyone know of a good place to source some Mennonite sausage? I was given some last fall while up moose hunting and it was great trying to get some more for my parents.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mennonite sausage in fsj

Make a pit stop in Dawson Creek and hit up Lawrence meats

Check out The Butcher Block, Stans Custom Meats, Peace Vale Meats and VanRook Smokehouse & Charcuterie are in FSJ. Stans and VanRook will probably be your best bet. VanRook is a wizard in Charcuterie. My next animal is going to him for some cool meat!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I always get a bit of a chuckle when I see it called Mennonite sausage. Us Mennonites call it farmer sausage. Sorry no help in finding any up in FSJ. You are right though, it is amazing if you get the good stuff.

Back in the day we used to get both fresh and cooked (cooked is smoked) farmer sausage from Funk's in Yarrow. Now a guy that I used to work with who's father owned Rempel meats and with his father makes the cook type and we get it from them. Great comfort food.

Margets meat in Williams Lake not far of the highway. best sausage of any kind I ever ate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie O View Post
    Margets meat in Williams Lake not far of the highway. best sausage of any kind I ever ate.
    I got some sausages and other stuff from Margets, it's pretty decent, but they all have sodium nitrate.
    Asked why and they said it's required, I call it BS.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Rempel is a good Mennonite name. It’d be the one I would try first.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Rempel is a good Mennonite name. It’d be the one I would try first.
    Rempel’s is the place to go. They used to have the cottage cheese perogies too. Not sure if they still do.
    I agree with you on calling it farmer sausage. I never heard of Mennonite sausage till a few years ago.

The butcher block is pretty good. If you want some of the best jerky you've ever ate go to the beaverlodge butcher shop. Well worth the extra drive. While you're there you may as well pick up some pickled Ukrainian sausage.