Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't leave anything at camp!

Re: Don't leave anything at camp!

Really pisses me off to hear of these thefts.

That said, so good to see the HBC community rally behind one of its own.

Well done folks!!!!

Catch a thief and you can stab the crap out of him, precedent has been set 3 years with time off for good behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by MOOSE MILK View Post
    I was the guy who went to town for grub while my partner stayed behind to tidy up the trailer when a truck backed up to rip off our toy hauler.
    That was two years ago, last year we had a truck and trailer stolen from a motel in Prince George. The trailer was recovered damaged, but the truck was never recovered.MM
    Good of you to sound off. I will remember your story for a long time. Where was that event? PG area as well? You seem to have tough luck with thieves!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Thats terrible to hear. What area did this happen at?
    The cariboo has a huge amount of folks moving in from the coast. With that comes a certain number of scumbags. I never locked my house or vehicles my whole life , now I double check everything and have a couple cams set up . Its shitty that things are going that way.

Hey if your insurance does not cover please let us know on this thread.. Provide your email and I will send an EMT your way. This kind of BS really pisses me off.

The attempted trailer rip-off was just past Vanderhoof at the truck weigh station, a well-lit large paved lot, trailer was dropped off under a light.
    Only a short trip back to town to get some KFC...lucky partner stayed to tidy up!
    MM

Funny how often things like this are blamed on criminals from the city, as if everyone beyond Hope is a saint.

My cousin lives in Cawston and his ex lost a bunch of stuff from a barn break in while away at work teaching.

He told me it was drug addicts from Vancouver that come up to steal shit.

Yeah right; as if drug addicts have cars and gas money and there aren't scumbags in Princeton, Penticton, Osoyoos and points in between that have the time to check out homes where they make note of when people are away at work.
    Last edited by MichelD; 06-16-2022 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Funny how often things like this are blamed on criminals from the city, as if everyone behond Hope is a saint.

My cousin lives in Cawston and his ex lost a bunch of stuff from a barn break in while away at work teaching.

Yeah right; as if drug addicts have cars and gas money and there aren't scumbags in Princeton, Penticton, Osoyoos and points in between that have the time to check out homes where they make note of when people are away at work.

tonnes and tonnes and tonnes of scum bags in merritt. They have a tent city going in and have daily yard sales with stolen goods.

too bad it’s frowned upon to kick them in the teeth in broad daylight, have to keep that to dark alleys

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Funny how often things like this are blamed on criminals from the city, as if everyone behond Hope is a saint.

A friend of mine purchased a house in Notch Hill by Sorrento thinking it would be far away from crackheads, little beknown the autowrecker down the road houses many crack heads to steal stuff for him, he loves the view and the way of life but he says the crackheads are still around there too.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

An idea Jill - post up a list of things you need for the kids. Lots of us have serviceable gear to donate to your cause.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."