Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't leave anything at camp!

Re: Don't leave anything at camp!

I'm not sure if a shipping container would be a better option for leaving all your stuff in. Sorry it happened to you shit rats everywhere.

We have a cabin up in Lac la hache and luckily..knock on wood, we have never had an incident like this. That’s got to be heart breaking to discover. Where abouts is your property if you don’t mind me asking?

hate you going to be close to salmon arm?

Thats awful….sorry to hear. They will be certain to return periodically to see if they can score again. Best not leave anything there. Just the way it is nowadays unfortunately.

jIL,

I am in the midst of a big hunting gear refresh at my place, i somewhat underestimated the size my children would be at 4yrs old (4yr old moose fed son is 105lbs lmao, they are right about eating wild and growing em big) and have a ton of gear with plenty of life left to donate to your cause. Let me know some sizing. I have a good size pile of used waterfowl stuff (waterproof), boots, waders/ decent hunting jackets, pants and gloves as well as backpacks/fanny bags that could work for you even thought the camo pattern is a little out of date lol
    Sorry to hear you got burned
    never again eh!
    Links
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

that’s what i get for not reading my post i ment ARE you

Quote Originally Posted by notyalc View Post
    We have a cabin up in Lac la hache and luckily..knock on wood, we have never had an incident like this. That’s got to be heart breaking to discover. Where abouts is your property if you don’t mind me asking?
    Pretty good area around there. Not too many peeps that it's busy, but enough that there are eyes around most of the year looking out for each other. Those places along Timothy Lake Rd though, at least back in the day (I haven't been over there in several years) were pretty spaced out without much eyes and they'd get hit a fair deal.

I’m so sorry to hear, what a piss off. Does anyone know how to start a go fund me? I will throw in the the first $100.

Quote Originally Posted by JIL_24/7 View Post
    Insurance covers theft of the trailer. Not the contents. I haven't been able to see if renter's insurance will cover anything, but at this point there's not much hope of that.
    Sorry to hear this.
    Yes, check your "renter's" insurance as most policies will cover personal properly "temporarily" away from your residence. Some will also cover your personal property for a length of time ( ours is 60 days ) at a "new" location if you are moving to it.

If no insurance maybe consider starting a gofundme to help replace some of the family gear….post a link here on HBC. I would be happy to kick in a few bucks to help out a fellow HBC’r….just a thought. I can’t stand thieves and it is hard for anyone to take a blow like that.