Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't leave anything at camp!

Re: Don't leave anything at camp!

Man that’s brutal, very sorry to hear this. Fingers crossed the insurance comes through for you.

When I was young, we always had hidden conibears scattered around the cabin ready for unsuspecting hands, back then a person didn’t really need them. Times have sure changed.

If you were to put a list together, there may be some spare gear folks may be able to help with. We all got some of that gear on the shelf that will never get used, I know I do.
    Last edited by decker9; 06-15-2022 at 04:48 AM.

A guy just had his atv stolen out of a locked shed near Horsefly. They don't usually come out this far.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

They left the trailer?
    Family near Arrow Lake had a complete 22 ft. unit stolen, packed with clothes, camping and fishing gear
    2nd hand info, may have been from home property,

Consequences.....
    Last edited by high horse Hal; 06-15-2022 at 08:24 AM.
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    They left the trailer?
    Family near Arrow Lake had a complete 22 ft. unit stolen, packed with clothes, camping and fishing gear
    2nd hand info, may have been from home property,

Consequences.....
    Do you remember the post on here a couple of years ago where the two guys were heading up north to moose camp with a travel trailer, and needed to backtrack to a bigger town for supplies. They unhitched the trailer at a “safe” spot, and one guy stayed to cook dinner in the trailer etc while the other took the truck back to town. 1/2 hour later, the cook hears a truck back up and start to hitch up. Goes out to help his buddy only to find random strangers trying to steal the whole trailer while he was in it making dinner!

My “trunk monkey” is always close when we are out in the bush. Moving to a “civilized” rural area will likely see me hunting from the house more often, but I will still wonder if my truck will be ok while I’m out on foot!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Hate reading threads like this.....so sad the actions of a few with no respect for other's around them. Do you ever come through Dawson Creek JIL_24/7? I've got an extra propane lantern I'd give ya!
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Very sad to hear I would be happy to Donate a 7MM STW that was given to my when my house burnt down if interested I'm sure everyone could band together and get you kitted for the season!

Brutal but not surprised. Seen more than a few shit rats out in the bush that way. We usually leave someone or atleast a dog in camp. Sad that you have to think about that.

I have a couple hunting knives and maybe an old hunting jacket I can send your way if interested. Hope it all works out.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

i have an old dark green wool jacket that would fit a 6 foot plus 220 lb guy. It has only been worn once or twice by me but i have 3 of them so would be able to let it go (it was a gift from my neighbor who is mostly past his hunting years.) If you made it to new Westminster, I might have a metallic object i would part with too if insurance wont cover you

I was the guy who went to town for grub while my partner stayed behind to tidy up the trailer when a truck backed up to rip off our toy hauler.
    That was two years ago, last year we had a truck and trailer stolen from a motel in Prince George. The trailer was recovered damaged, but the truck was never recovered.
    I have a couple of Colman cook stoves you can have your choice of, the only problem is I am on the Island but if you are over here give me a shout. Got some fishing rods and reels I can pitch in too.
    MM

JIL, your inbox is Full!

I am sorry to hear about what happened to your stuff!!

Lots of support on here and you have probably got lots of offers for stuff.

I have some extra cloths, including two pairs of pants (size 36) I have listed here for free, some knives, boots (size 10 or 10.5) and other odds and ends that I can give to you. I also have too many fishing rods (says my wife) that I can help with.

Keep your head up and take care!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!