Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't leave anything at camp!

Re: Don't leave anything at camp!

Firstly, also really sorry to hear that.
    The cariboo region is becoming very disappointing from all the reports I keep hearing.

I would be like to thank those in the EK who have crossed my camps and never touched anything as of yet.
    Atleast one area were folks have some class and morals.

sorry to hear this, I hate thieves...I've had a couple of losses myself, boils my blood reading your post

I hope you and your family can still get out hunting this season
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Thank you all for your support. My family is taking it all in stride. Pretty proud of the kiddos. My kids are 10, 12 and 14. I didn't have anyone take me into the mountains as a kid, so I just started hunting and doing these things once I had kids. We're finally somewhat proficient at it lol. We'll bounce back. I put in a claim with our renter's insurance, but it looks like a long shot. I'm not raising whiners or quitters, so we'll be back at it. Just an emotional post earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by JIL_24/7 View Post
    Thank you all for your support. My family is taking it all in stride. Pretty proud of the kiddos. My kids are 10, 12 and 14. I didn't have anyone take me into the mountains as a kid, so I just started hunting and doing these things once I had kids. We're finally somewhat proficient at it lol. We'll bounce back. I put in a claim with our renter's insurance, but it looks like a long shot. I'm not raising whiners or quitters, so we'll be back at it. Just an emotional post earlier.
    So sorry to hear about your loss, absolutely despicable activity by lowlifes.

Where are you located? If you are anywhere near me I can offer a bit of camp equipment for your re-equip. I have a number of Coleman white gas stoves, a propane camp stove (fold out legs and cover) and a couple a smaller bar-b-ques that I can offer depending upon your camp cooking style if you could use such an item.

Let me know if you can use anything in the list and we can make it happen.

Cheers, B
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

It's terrible when people help themselves to your property, we had our fishing camp ripped off one night while we slept. I hope you manage to track them down and break both of their legs. When we owned a cabin it was a regular thing to find it vandalized and robbed, main reason we sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by JIL_24/7 View Post
    Send me a PM if you like. I have some gear that I can lend you for the next while, and I have a place that you could use as a "base camp" for your next few hunts. Power/water/ etc...no charge of course. I don't have much stuff left over from when my boys were young, but I'll have a look and let you know.

Sh*t like this just gets my blood boiling....

Bummer. Too many stories like this. A friend sold.his trap line because people would constantly break into his cabin.

I'm honestly not sure how anyone manages to keep a cabin secure that they only use seasonally?

They dont even have to take anything. It's enough to just break in and leave the door open. By the time you come back the place will be a write off .....

Zero respect for the fellow man nowdays and losers everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    It's terrible when people help themselves to your property, we had our fishing camp ripped off one night while we slept. I hope you manage to track them down and break both of their legs. When we owned a cabin it was a regular thing to find it vandalized and robbed, main reason we sold it.
    We dealt with a few low lifes that did that and were on game camera...few weeks later the same guys showed up but left with broken jaws and several other broken bones. Never did see them again.

I had my trailer broken into at my camp 20 years ago. Lost a lot of gear. Times change, but A-holes are a constant!

Shows how many good people are out there though, with the generosity of the members here.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    Send me a PM if you like. I have some gear that I can lend you for the next while, and I have a place that you could use as a "base camp" for your next few hunts. Power/water/ etc...no charge of course. I don't have much stuff left over from when my boys were young, but I'll have a look and let you know.

Sh*t like this just gets my blood boiling....
    ^^^ 5 star HBC'er right there, put a smile on my face