Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Don't leave anything at camp!

Re: Don't leave anything at camp!

Lots of them in Kamloops. Give some free housing, food etc. and more just show up.

We see every once in while out hunting people driving the FS roads every fall and their not hunters. They’ll stop and watch you while your have lunch say at a lake. Seeing if your going to leave anything they can just take when you head out. Unnerving for sure but a sad fact of life.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by 4 point View Post
    Lots of them in Kamloops. Give some free housing, food etc. and more just show up.

We see every once in while out hunting people driving the FS roads every fall and their not hunters. They’ll stop and watch you while your have lunch say at a lake. Seeing if your going to leave anything they can just take when you head out. Unnerving for sure but a sad fact of life.
    If you can bribe your Grandpa to come along to watch over Camp while you are out hunting, that is about the best Insurance you can buy !

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

We have run into this befor so when planning my hunt camps I normally plan to have 2 "moose" hunters stay with the trailer and gear while me and the rest of the boys pack up for sheep and goats

Man I hate these type threads sorry about the scums. ill check threw all my gear sure I could find some stuff. Where can I send to post up your info
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Yes scum———— but there are those who support the scum. Pawn shops, and to good to be true prices from on line sales platforms. When you get there (in the Hood usually) it looks like a surplus store.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    An idea Jill - post up a list of things you need for the kids. Lots of us have serviceable gear to donate to your cause.
    x 2 - make up a list and we will help fill it.

What was the nearest town where this was located? A friend of mine has a remote property in region 5. I know of some minor items that have been taken over the years but the cabin hasn't been broken into as far as I know.
    I feel bad for you as that has to be the worst feeling/experience of arriving at your place to discover what happened.

I stayed in camp one day 3 seasons ago as I was tagged out.. We had heard of thefts in the area. I was relaxing with a nice hot chocolate and obviously wasn’t seen by 2 guys in a truck that drove in and started walking around 3 other campsites that were occupied. They finally got to our camp and noticed me sitting chilling out. Fortunately I had our camp bear 12 gauge leaned up against the table.
    They we’re pretty irritated when I told them to bugger off and then I said
    I’ve got quality pictures of you and your truck’s license plate. One of the smart asses started mouthing off and walking away.
    Funny how the sound of a pump shotgun getting racked gets almost anyones attention.
    I never threatened them or said anything to that effect.
    I passed the info and pictures to the CO who showed up next and we heard later in the week these same guys got caught with stolen
    booze and camping gear from a few local,hunting camps.
    I really hate thieves and have been ripped off too many times .
    Pretty sad that you still have to worry about theft 200 km out in the wilderness!

I put thieves on the same level in society as sexual predators. Thieves also come from all walks of life to. I’ve heard of hikers having their backpacking tents stolen from Berg lake campsite on mount Robson trail. Some people can’t help themselves when the chances of getting caught are slim.

I was ripped off camping at a lake with my wife a 3 little kids one year. We had a small motor home with utility trailer, 12’ alum boat, etc. there was a group of people out for the day using the beach area and we were camped for a few nights. Those people were friendly, regular people out enjoying the day. We said hi as we passed throughout the day. Then when it started getting dark we were in our unit putting the kids to bed making noise and not paying attention, and the people in the day area were packing up. Then my son said “dad someone is outside”. He was little and I told him to lay down and go to sleep and thought he meant the vehicles that were leaving. A little while later I got curious and went outside and realized all our Gerry cans were gone and I can’t remember what else. But those people out enjoying the day, saw that we were distracted so a couple of them walked through our camp while the vehicles slowly idled through the camp and they just grabbed whatever wasn’t bolted down and quietly left.
    Opportunistic scum bags come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors and demographics. Like a f*ckin disease.
    Last edited by mod7rem; 06-22-2022 at 11:15 PM.