Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't leave anything at camp!

Don't leave anything at camp!

What happened to honour? Integrity? Respect?
    This year my wife and I took our life savings and bought property in the Cariboo. We did this because we could never afford a house in the LML. We did this to leave an inheritance for our children. My 3 kids all completed their CORE this year, and we decided to move our trailer and gear there to create a base for camping, fishing and hunting.
    On Sunday evening I arrived at our property to find our trailer stripped of batteries, propane tanks, wiring, and every bit of gear gone. Doors left open and standing water.
    I had been gone a week.

Sleeping bags and brooms included were taken.
    Yes. I know. I should have expected it, but I didn't.
    Now all our fishing gear is gone. All our camping gear is gone. All my tools are gone. My hunting clothes. The kids hunting clothes. All of the things I have spent YEARS budgeting for and collecting so I could give my kids what I didn't have!
    This is remote property. I planned on putting the trail cams up this week. I guess I was a few days too late. They stole those too.
    I can't afford to re-outfit. Why must we aim to profit at the expense of others? What happens when the people you take from were already living in thin margins?
    It's happening all over apparently, so watch your camp.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Don't leave anything at camp!

Quote Originally Posted by JIL_24/7 View Post
    What happened to honour? Integrity? Respect?
    This year my wife and I took our life savings and bought property in the Cariboo. We did this because we could never afford a house in the LML. We did this to leave an inheritance for our children. My 3 kids all completed their CORE this year, and we decided to move our trailer and gear there to create a base for camping, fishing and hunting.
    On Sunday evening I arrived at our property to find our trailer stripped of batteries, propane tanks, wiring, and every bit of gear gone. Doors left open and standing water.
    I had been gone a week.

Sleeping bags and brooms included were taken.
    Yes. I know. I should have expected it, but I didn't.
    Now all our fishing gear is gone. All our camping gear is gone. All my tools are gone. My hunting clothes. The kids hunting clothes. All of the things I have spent YEARS budgeting for and collecting so I could give my kids what I didn't have!
    This is remote property. I planned on putting the trail cams up this week. I guess I was a few days too late. They stole those too.
    I can't afford to re-outfit. Why must we aim to profit at the expense of others? What happens when the people you take from were already living in thin margins?
    It's happening all over apparently, so watch your camp.
    Do you have insurance?

Sad to hear of your loss.
    Was your property in a proposed FI land-return area?
    Nothing's sacred anymore . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Do you have insurance?
    Insurance covers theft of the trailer. Not the contents. I haven't been able to see if renter's insurance will cover anything, but at this point there's not much hope of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Sad to hear of your loss.
    Was your property in a proposed FI land-return area?
    Nothing's sacred anymore . . . .

No it is not

Sorry to hear, but this is what we have become.
    It's not other fishermen/hunters but the shit-rats have multiplied.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Thumbs down Re: Don't leave anything at camp!

Damn sorry to hear that!
    Hope you can find some way to recover.

This society has gone to hell in a handbasket.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Anywhere near Williams lake? Or horsefly? That area is nasty with career thieves that can’t be punished by our laws… on our moose hunt, multiple times trucks would stop to rummage through our quads where they were parked, watched one try to roll one away..

That sucks….sounds like you would have been better off if they burnt it after taking all your stuff.

how old are the kids? Boys/girls? Possibility that I might have some old camo.

That is a very heartbreaking story. These shitrats are a plague. Maybe a metal shed with no windows and a really tough lock. It really sucks hopefully some insurance. Lock box the cams, put them up high to and angle them down.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!