Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel prices?

Re: Fuel prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    It was a rhetorical question RJ!

Even if (when) we get the assclowns out of power, I doubt the new govt would give up the revenue stream from gas taxes. Someone has to pay for the rainbow painted crosswalks!
    Yup, new boss will be the same as the old boss I am afraid.
    Heres Eby complains about interest rates going up, even though inflation going back up is a real threat and would certainly demolish the lower income folks, he won’t even take time to point the finger at himself and reduce gas taxes etc here in the province.
    There is so much hypocrisy in our government, I can’t even begin to explain how stupid we the voters are to continue this to happen and allow clowns like this to even run our country/province.
    Just look south to see how stupid it is.
    One guy can’t remember his name, McConnel, the next clown opposing everything that should be in a cartoon series, Trump, and the leader of the pack can’t even stand up and spends more time falling on his ass, Biden.
    We are all doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    same place today around 3 pm.
    Diesel $2.19
    Reg $2.03

In the last 4 months Diesel was almost $0.50 per litre cheaper
    Never thought it would go over $1.80 per litre
    Just before lunch today-same place
    Diesel again $2.19
    Reg $1.99 per litre
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Seen 1.76 regular in Chilliwack today

Just before lunch today-same place
    Diesel again $2.19
    Reg $1.99 per litre
    Same place-lunch time today
    Diesel again $2.19
    Reg $1.98 per litre-just before was a nickel higher
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Same place-lunch time today
    Diesel again $2.19
    Reg $1.98 per litre-just before was a nickel higher
    Same place-this afternoon
    Diesel $2.23
    Reg $2.02 per litre

Wow. This is Post #516 and the thread has been going for well over a year since I posted the first one in June 2022.

I took it real easy last year, one trip from Vancouver to a spot about three and a half hours away, one deer and back home. I probably burned more fuel going back and forth to Delta duck and snow goose hunting over the fall and winter than I did deer hunting. Skipped black bear hunting. I probably won't be doing that any more 46 years since the first one in 1976. Just don't need that much meat any more.

Seeing as I have been so parsimonious with fuel and travel over the last year and a half this fall I might splurge, spend my savings and go up to Region 3 with some of my hunting pals in October if I can escape some other commitments. I don't usually like to participate in huge hunting camps, but then again it doesn't matter how many are there. I enjoy the company around the campfire in the evening, the shared food and drinks and I can still go off and do my own thing in the bush during the day. They are mostly drive-around hunters anyway whereas I don't usually drive far from camp but walk and sit a lot.

My hunting partner has decided to call off our hunt.
    Citing fuel costs as the big reason.
    He just got a letter from the bank that he has 1 year tensing before refinancing his mortgage!
    I think the reality of a 650k$ + mortgage and the probability of the next refinancing being possibly 3-4% more next time around has got him a little shook up now!
    Rightfully so!
    I wonder how many more hunters are in the same boat?
    And ti stick with the OP, who knows where gas prices will be next year!!??
    If gas prices (oil) do fall, it will be for the simple fact we are in a bad recession.
    Stays up or goes higher, means we in Stagflation, which then goes back to what I said initially,
    that many might not have the money because of the rate increases on house payments.
    It must be having an impact on the smaller communities now, with less hunters out and about and not doing their big trips.

I paid $1.899 and I thought I was getting a deal on diesel. That is crazy. It's well over $2.00 now ! We are well and truly being gouged by the oil companies.

Only a few things I can add to the last post.
    The Saudis keep reducing production thus keep profits high vs costs.
    The Russia affair doesn’t help the world wide market price.
    And on that note, the US has depleted their reserves and now “need to buy back”,
    so a great way to put max pain on the West.
    The only contradictory factor is, China was to start roiling again once they dropped their Covid policy, thus ramping up their factories, thus further consuming more oil, thus more demand vs supply impacts.
    However, China isn’t getting any traction in their economy like many were speculating.
    So, they ain’t chewing thru oil like they should be.
    So yup, political monetary policy and political unrest is “causing a gouge on the price of oil/fuel.
    Not looking good.
    And if it does drop in price, probably means some no longer have jobs to afford the cheaper anymore.
    Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    What the **** is wrong with BC????
    I think Daniel Smith removed the carbon tax in Alberta. So like RJ says, what's wrong with BC is the NDP.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU