Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel prices?

Re: Fuel prices?

Just have to stay out hunting longer

I'll be heading to my R4 elk spot but other than that hunting local...was hoping for possibly one more hunting road trip but if the prices stay this high, that won't happen..

I wonder about the impact during that time of year for small towns?
    Years ago, places like Cache creek were ghost towns except for the hunting traffic.
    And even then, you could easily find a vacant room, but every buck (no pun intended) helped!
    Nowdays, it’s hatd to find a room with things like kids hockey tournaments all over etc.
    Which also makes me wonder how those famalies are all impacted right now.
    My brother is all over BC every other weekend it seems with his boys, all year round!
    Thats gotta hurt the pocket book right now!!!

I cringe just to drive the 40 minutes to check my trail cameras,,, need to combine it with another trip. I hunt as close to home as I can, and our LEH are closer to home this year as well. That said, we are departing on an 8000km road trip to Tuk in August,,,, gas budget has doubled but it is still cheaper than plane tickets.

XPEIER

I’ll be hunting a neighbours property for deer this year in the valley.
    And have to cancel a trip up north for moose.
    Because of the non-resident no moose hunting.
    But it would be about 1000$ each way up to Dease.
    I’ve heard twice now that the banks are gonna drive up interest rates to stop this justinflation.

Quote Originally Posted by XPEIer View Post
    I cringe just to drive the 40 minutes to check my trail cameras,,, need to combine it with another trip. I hunt as close to home as I can, and our LEH are closer to home this year as well. That said, we are departing on an 8000km road trip to Tuk in August,,,, gas budget has doubled but it is still cheaper than plane tickets.

XPEIER
    When you get back let us know what the fuel prices are in Inuvik. If you are suffering sticker shock down here wait until you get there....

If the price of fuel starts to impact my enjoyment of hunting and fishing then it is time to jump off of a bridge. I won't be changing any plans, even it it goes to $10/litre.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbart View Post
    If the price of fuel starts to impact my enjoyment of hunting and fishing then it is time to jump off of a bridge. I won't be changing any plans, even it it goes to $10/litre.
    Unless youre a multi millionaire That just bad financial decision making.
    There are plenty of ways to enjoy what we do while making an effort to reduce our costs.

I wonder if the a-hole in Cloverdale still rocks the "LOL MPG" license plate on his Dodge

Quote Originally Posted by blackbart View Post
    You’s a Pimp Mac Daddy, yo!

90% of my hunting is a few km from our cabin where we spend maybe 120 days a year so I'm going anyways.
    Cabin is @ 160 km from home so it's not really a big expense overall.
    Where we are cutting down on our gas costs is using the Wife's Subaru for most of the driving around Town, trips in the Fraser Valley and such. She gets @ 50% better mpg than I get in the truck so it all adds up. Can't take the Subie to the cabin because we always take a load with us.