Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel prices?

Re: Fuel prices?

Just wait until the summer. Gas prices are expected to hit $2.65 a litre.

I started this thread back in June. I drove 180 km in October to a hunting spot, camped for a few days, shot a deer and came home.

Went out a few times this past season and got few ducks and snow geese locally, so I can't say I burned a heckuva lot of fuel all season.

Like I stated in the first post, the Mrs. has really cut down on her meat eating, in fact we are still eating the 2021 deer. She can't stomach the ducks and geese any more and she is the one who asked me to start waterfowling about 20 some-odd years ago.

I don't even apply for moose or elk any more, what's the point?

If I even go hunting this coming autumn at all it might be just to go with friends for the fun of it and maybe shoot a deer for someone else to take home.

I haven't really lost my mojo for hunting, I still like getting out there, but if I can't use the meat, I don't want to kill anything. So if the traveling is going to be cost-prohhibitive anyway, it is a further disincentive for me.

Same hear.
    I did loss my father and the major hunting partner for me.
    Last season, 2021, he couldn’t go, but I did with another partner, who has less drive and out of shape, frustrating enough, I am not used to that in a hunting partner.
    But damn, the fuel costs, not to mention the groceries and other crap you buy before going added to one big bill.
    And last season, 2022, the fuel was almost 40-50% higher.
    Like you, my passion is still there “big time”.
    But the wallet of late is not.
    Throw in the fact that #’s where I go for elk isn’t great right now, made it a tough decision, but had to stay put.

I had gone 39 consecutive years.
    It’s my happy place, in part defines me!
    So it was really tough that week, knowing where I should be.

And honestly, I think we are quite possibly going to see another summer if high fuel costs.
    And the grocery bill is even worse right now.
    Esoecially if you have to travel 10 hours each way.

I know some folks have fat enough wallets.
    But it’s not the passion, just reality setting in.
    It used to cost me 110$ bucks for fuel.
    Not 1100$.

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    Lunch time today-diesel $1.90-reg $1.81 per litre.
    Went shopping same place just before noon today. The diesel was $2.05 per litre & reg was about 25c cheaper per litre.
    Saw the sign from a long distance.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Gasbuddy.com, it's worth looking at when you're traveling. If these oil companies still sold gas by the gal. instead of by litres people wouldn't be willing to pay say an increase of 15. cents/litre which would be ruffly 68 . cents/gal. within hours. If it was still sold by the gal. the oil company executives would be hung up by their thumbs

So far, not looking good for summer.
    And it’s going to cause a political shit storm both here and in the US politically.
    Oil has got them by the balls.
    Biden wasn’t bad for oil, although many said that when he squashed the pipeline deal.
    He is oil’s saviour!
    He gave them the tools and incentive to rape us all.

This weekend, went and put the ice fishing shack on the lake, so traveled from FSJ to Slave lake

FSJ gas is $1.72, Dawson Creek is $1.66, Bay Tree Alberta, 20 minutes for Dawson, $1.33, $.33/l cheaper!!!!, Rycroft $1.29, High Prairie $1.38.

Before gas went stupid, we paid, on average, $.10-$.12 more that Bay Tree, now we are paying $.39!!!!

When oil was $82, we were paying $1.27, now we are paying $1.72, wonder where the increase of $.45 is going to?

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

^^^^fair enough.

Shell and if you have BCAA, get 3 cents off a litre, but I thought it was 5 cents before??

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    ^^^^fair enough.

Shell and if you have BCAA, get 3 cents off a litre, but I thought it was 5 cents before??
    Man, have I got a hell of a BCAA story… I’m waiting to hear if they take care of me before spilling the deets. $1.64 for reg in the West Koots. $1.27 CAD if you drive the 5 mins to cross the border.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC