Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel prices?

Hybrid View

Fuel prices?

Is the cost of fuel going to change your hunting plans?

My wife's reduced consumption of red meat (I still have half a deer and boxes of ducks and geese) and $2.20 gas has led me to tell my past LEH partners to count me out of putting my name in on an application Region 6 this year.

I'll be driving to closer areas from the LML this year for some deer hunting and that'll be it.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fuel prices?

I’m not sure it’s going to affect hunting plans, but I’m definitely not dragging my travel trailer too far this year.

It depends on how high the fuel prices go, might have to buy an electric truck if it gets bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    It depends on how high the fuel prices go, might have to buy an electric truck if it gets bad enough.
    So going spend $70,000.00+ on a electric truck because you cant afford a gas- diesel Truck ?
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    So going spend $70,000.00+ on a electric truck because you cant afford a gas- diesel Truck ?
    My gasser is paid off so the hit wouldn't be quite that large, I'd consider it a form of tax revolt, tired of having my fuel taxed into stratosphere amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    My gasser is paid off so the hit wouldn't be quite that large, I'd consider it a form of tax revolt, tired of having my fuel taxed into stratosphere amounts.
    there’s TAX in electricity and there’s Gonna be a lot MORE soon ! RJ

Thumbs down Re: Fuel prices?

Wrote the Kechika trip off this year due to just that.
    Only put in on my two regular long shots for LEH.
    Still considering Alberta if I draw elk or antelope...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Well, I have a lot of family issues occurring due to estate.
    I may not have a truck and camper at that point.
    But, the fuel prices have certainly stopped any plans if a hunt even if I had the use of truck/camper.
    It was 750$ almost last EK elk hunt diesel costs, at between 1.20 - 1.30 l, and now, almost double!!
    It will be the first time in 40 straight years that I won’t be going.
    So yes, fuel prices have made a difference I. Lifestyle choices right now

Absolutely fuel costs are going to change what I do this year. Only put in for LEH where I live...not that I expect to draw anything as I rarely do. Glad I live in hunting country and can hunt deer and bear out the back door.
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

To think of buying any kind of an electric vehicle and calling it a revolt [no pun intended] against the government is laughable at best. My manners preclude me telling you what I really think of people falling into the electric trap.