Thread: Anybody willing to give Sheep draw recommendation?

Anybody willing to give Sheep draw recommendation?

I usually only put in for draws in areas that I know and have a really good chance of actually getting an animal, learnt to not go in blind in 2016 which was the last time me or my Dad won a draw and saw zero draw animals or sign. So I put in 2 draws a year 1 for Elk 1 for Moose and thats it.

Thinking about putting in for a region 3 or maybe region 8 ram because I can scout its not to far, but just not sure about where kamloops, spences bridge, shulaps etc. Dont care about the odds, just want to put in for somewhere that has big and healthy rams and my chance of getting one is good.

If anybody wants to give a guy a heads up and wanted to PM, feel free
    Last edited by TheObserver; 05-17-2024 at 09:48 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anybody willing to give Sheep draw recommendation?

Don’t get your hopes up for a region 3 sheep leh tag.

Spences to lillooet area is a good place to start. Start hunting for deer in the area. Look in rocky terrain for sheep.
    I recommend joining the wssbc and participate in the sheep counts.

If you have the sheep itch go up north for GOS before it’s too late imo.
    Sheep hunting makes or breaks people. I think you’d do well.

I know lol, just figured worth a shot and somewhat close so could get lots of scouting in if successful.

So many current places to scout for Bucks, so little time so many mountains, but your right best way to figure out which unit is spending time there. I actually got a membership to WSSBC earlier in the year and at the time the guy informed me about the counts and really want to do some just such a busy year, great way to meet people too.

I know, next year I am going up for Stones with a buddy 100%, by the looks of things they didn't nuke too many GOS opportunities for them for the next 2 years anyhow.

Region six north of Terrace. Low numbers trying for goat LEH up there.
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

All sheep LEH have extremely high odds and low probability of being drawn, but the ones with the highest odds have good sheep population and/or good access.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

6-25 D that's where I'd be looking.