Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel prices?

Re: Fuel prices?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Tried this last time and the one guy wouldn't keep the blindfold on. Kept peeking under it. Another kept bitching he couldn't breathe through the game bag. Too much hassle.
    Try chloroform. Sometimes they struggle a bit, but it’s usually over and lights out pretty quickly.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Too bad they didn’t sell Suzuki Jimni’s here, would be very popular.
    Try finding a reasonable price on a Samurai now!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    Was at Van superstore today.
    Diesel was $2.59 per litre-12cents per litre higher than a few days ago.
    SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

Today -same place, same station-diesel was 40 cents per litre cheaper!

WHAT GIVES??
    Also a lot fewer masks seen including store employees!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

I don’t know who Janet yellen is but she sure sounds like she went to the same school as chrystia freeland. Trying to set the price of Russian oil so we can buy it cheaper. I don’t know if they’ll have much luck forcing communism on a superpower like Russia, but it’s a good thought. If sanctions drove the price of oil up, maybe removing them would have the opposite effect, but what do I know.

https://www.rt.com/business/558918-r...-price-cap-us/

The US is planning to limit the price paid for Russian oil but at a level that would still be profitable enough for production to be continued, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal published on Wednesday.
    We have heard some concern about the possibility that Russia would simply stop producing. I would say that it doesn’t really make a lot of sense as a Russian response… We would expect to set the price cap at a level that would clearly be profitable for Russia to continue to produce,” Yellen was quoted as saying.
    According to the official, the price-cap mechanism would require that any tanker carrying Russian oil only receive financing and insurance from US, UK and European Union institutions if the sales price of the oil is below the cap. According to Yellen, many countries would have no choice but to accept the price cap, given that a number of the globe’s major maritime insurance companies are based in either the EU or UK.
    It makes it easier if at least they put a price cap in place… But even if they don’t, this sanction will apply to Western banks and insurance companies that they’re going to be dealing with, and so they’re going to be affected by it. But it doesn't hurt them. It helps them,” Yellen stated.

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Too bad they didn’t sell Suzuki Jimni’s here, would be very popular.
    I would love to have a Jimny, they look like awesome vehicles.
    The "easiest" way is to import a used one from Japan, mind you it has to be 15 years old at least.
    Here are a bunch of good images: https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=suz...ages&ia=images

I have a Mitsubishi Pajero that I imported about 12 years ago, but it's not that great on fuel.
    Otherwise a very good 4 wheeler.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I'm in fsj so everything is within range lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Try finding a reasonable price on a Samurai now!
    A friend was just offered $20k in a parking lot for his great condition '90! Crazy! (he said no).

I do have to say, my carbureted '89 get's horrendous gas mileage for a 67hp 1.3 engine. But of course much better than my diesel truck!

In point Roberts the diesel is cheaper than regular!!

Thing is!, if oil prices start to come down (and I am not complaining), it might mean the kickoff to a recession when you consider the markets and what the earnings are potentially this week.
    Historically Anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampager;[URL="tel:2351468"
    2351468[/URL]]A friend was just offered $20k in a parking lot for his great condition '90! Crazy! (he said no).

I do have to say, my carbureted '89 get's horrendous gas mileage for a 67hp 1.3 engine. But of course much better than my diesel truck!

i have a 2000 tracker that is done right up as far as you can, just never drive it as it’s just made for the bush
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

For those electric car aficionados' this may be something to consider as electric energy costs hit records in Europe where costs in France are hitting the $1300/mWhr making filling up your empty battery at about $130, in Estonia it is around $5000/mWhr making it $500 for a refill.

Going green just may be going to cost a lot more green than the green new deal lets on...
    Last edited by BimmerBob; 08-29-2022 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should