Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel prices?

Re: Fuel prices?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    No we didn't, just went 113K up to show my wife the tundra and catch a glimpse of the Tombstone mountains.
    I've been as far as the Peel river crossing once, but unfortunately the ice bridge was to close to break up, so we turned around. If I get up there again it'll be in early September for the colors. Not that it isn't beautiful anytime.

Not sure what you're running for tires, but we went up with10 plys on my wife's 4 Runner and never had a worry about getting a flat. I had a couple flats on that road with 6 plys the first time I drove it, so wasn't gonna play that game again. Lol.

To get back to the original thread, the fuel bill was definitely worth it to see that country up there.
    What is the major source of flat tires?
    Curious if they are plug-patchable or if they typicall get sliced and ruined for field repair.

Have wanted to go up there for 10+ years. Always something else that cuts the priority queue. House, kid, wedding ...... one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Traffic in the city after rush hour does seem to be a little lighter these days, imo.
    If the wife would allow, I’d be moving to either Vernon or if I want to give up my hunting for the most part, Nanaimo region, and go fishing, albeit neat entrance island to cut down costs.
    No go however………. Grrrrrrt
    Never give up BMI. I thought I was in the same boat but eventually found shangri-la and convinced the wife to "just take a look". We have never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaddict View Post
    Never give up BMI. I thought I was in the same boat but eventually found shangri-la and convinced the wife to "just take a look". We have never looked back.
    I appreciate it.
    I started late with having a daughter, thus high school etc.
    Maybe when she hits university and where she goes?
    For me, fuel prices are a concern but my real big problem is probate and dealing with my brother.
    I may not be posting up any more hunts!!!!
    Then I will be posting up a few golden oldies that I haven’t done as of yet!

But interior like Vernon would be better for me.
    I will keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Curious if they are plug-patchable or if they typicall get sliced and ruined for field repair.

Have wanted to go up there for 10+ years. Always something else that cuts the priority queue. House, kid, wedding ...... one year.
    Flat tires are caused by sharp rocks on the road, almost like shale rocks.
    However I don't know the current condition, they may have improved and made the road surface better.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Yup, highway inflated tires will get sliced or punctured much easier off road.
    Best to always deflate at the dirt road.
    Pump up for drive home.
    Usually a sharp rock you couldn’t avoid or shale you have to go thru.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Unbelievable that we here in Canada with huge Oil & Gas reserves are suffering from a Energy price explosion. What are our Politicians doing ? Everything is taking a Mayor hit from Transportation to Mom & Pop RV Grounds which so desperately depend on the Summer Season.

Shut down the Highway to Tofino (Trudeaus favored hangout) for a week, a month or all Summer to let those working in the Tourist Industry and are always protesting against anything and everything know how it feels for the average working Guy paying the insane energy prices.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Enjoy the "The Green New Deal", "The Great Reset"!
    More shit to come.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

My partner and I cancelled our Sept fly in trip. Cost of fuel is the reason. Would like to be able to say F'it and spend the money, but that's not going to happen. Have other obligations that need to be met.

Will figure out something more local or possible an elk hunting to my regular area that is still doable
    Last edited by Ron.C; 06-16-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post

As has already been stated, the road surface is quite sharp shale. Not big course stuff, but sharp none the less. There were a pair of graders working on it a couple weeks ago and everything we travelled was pretty decent for gravel.
    I'd not say the Dempster is any tougher on tires than many logging roads, but it's 600+ km's each way so it takes a toll on rubber.

Another tip, don't go up there with a receiver hitch cargo carrier, unless you bridge the gap between it and your vehicle. It will absolutely sandblast your tail gate or rear hatch as the rocks bounce off your cargo and hit your vehicle. We stashed ours a few km's up from the pavement and grabbed it on the way back.
    A couple nights previous we did the Top of the World highway and got about 2 dozen good paint chips for our ignorance.

Fueled up the pig today.Diesel $2.39 9/10 a litre . I hit the $250 button. I didn't go over but I wasn't much under, either.