Re: Fuel prices?

[QUOTE=mpotzold;2367481]
    Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post

update
    yesterday diesel $2.30-reg $1.85 per litre
    today diesel $2.30-reg $1.82 per litre
    same store today
    diesel $2.29-reg $2.01 per litre
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

[QUOTE=mpotzold;2368636]

same store today
    diesel $2.29-reg $2.01 per litre
    Just got back from the same store
    -diesel $2.28-reg $1.98 per litre

-in store about 20% masked!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Wait til after the US midterms.

So, US just released their last batch of emergency reserve oil, so that’s over!
    And, diesel seems to be in extraordinarily low supply right now.
    So, guess we are going to see those issues at the pump very shortly.
    And, the US had to buy that released reserve back at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    So, US just released their last batch of emergency reserve oil, so that’s over!
    And, diesel seems to be in extraordinarily low supply right now.
    So, guess we are going to see those issues at the pump very shortly.
    And, the US had to buy that released reserve back at some point.
    There won’t just be issues at the pump when diesel runs low. There will be major issues everywhere.

Lots of people back east still heat their homes with diesel. It could be a tough winter.

Speaking of heating homes, I just heard on Peak Prosperity that a cord of firewood in Denmark is selling for just under $2000 US a cord.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

I’m sorry guys.
    I bought my first diesel truck in 2017, before I got it diesel was cheaper than gas.. now because of me we are running out of diesel entirely..

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    I’m sorry guys.
    I bought my first diesel truck in 2017, before I got it diesel was cheaper than gas.. now because of me we are running out of diesel entirely..
    I remember when my dad picked up his first diesel, a 90 Dodge Ram Cummins and diesel was a third the price of gas.
    Our trips in the gas fueled ford with Alaskan was costing us 400$ to do our elk hunt.
    Then it went down to 120$ with the diesel the next season and way more power.

But now I have to wonder what the savings would be doing the same trip, and if diesel is still the way to go??
    Heavy load, I still see the diesel as way better.
    But damn, it’s getting pricey!!

[QUOTE=mpotzold;2369582]

Just got back from the same store
    -diesel $2.28-reg $1.98 per litre

-in store about 20% masked!
    today
    -diesel $2.30-reg $1.97 per litre

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I remember when my dad picked up his first diesel, a 90 Dodge Ram Cummins and diesel was a third the price of gas. But now I have to wonder what the savings would be doing the same trip, and if diesel is still the way to go??
    Heavy load, I still see the diesel as way better.
    But damn, it’s getting pricey!!
    I’ve always been a diesel guy. I’m VP of the Cummins group for BC, so clearly a fan. But.. I’m driving a 2019 Tundra these days. I sold my truck camper and got an off-road ready bumper pull. I get around 12 mpg towing that trailer (3500 lbs) in the Tundra. It has a couple of TRD performance mods and is right around 390 HP. My Dodge 3500 with 5.9 and Northern Lite would get: wait for it… 12 mpg! I saw diesel at $2.33 and gas at $1.72 the other day. I am going to say unless you need to tow really heavy (Tundra is rated for 10k, but I’d say 7k is “comfortable”), or have a slide in camper, go gas. Unless prices return to normal with diesel 10-20% cheaper than gas, I doubt I’ll ever own a diesel again. It sucks, but it’s our current reality.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    I’ve always been a diesel guy. I’m VP of the Cummins group for BC, so clearly a fan. But.. I’m driving a 2019 Tundra these days. I sold my truck camper and got an off-road ready bumper pull. I get around 12 mpg towing that trailer (3500 lbs) in the Tundra. It has a couple of TRD performance mods and is right around 390 HP. My Dodge 3500 with 5.9 and Northern Lite would get: wait for it… 12 mpg! I saw diesel at $2.33 and gas at $1.72 the other day. I am going to say unless you need to tow really heavy (Tundra is rated for 10k, but I’d say 7k is “comfortable”), or have a slide in camper, go gas. Unless prices return to normal with diesel 10-20% cheaper than gas, I doubt I’ll ever own a diesel again. It sucks, but it’s our current reality.
    Well, we have enjoyed our Cummins engines over the years.
    Although our 1990 Dodge Ram look like a piece of shit style wise, it’s lightweight (but could still move that 76 Alaskan, which was a bit lighter then the new one), with the 5 speed manual was wicked on mileage.
    The 06, definitely more comfortable and heavier duty by a long shot (3500), not so good on mileage.

A buddy told me he neighbour has switched from diesel to gas powered.
    And like you, says the new trucks on gas are pretty good now.
    Rationale being that many new trucks are showing up with 10. Speed transmissions, so they have no issues now going up say the snow shed on the Coq etc.

The one thing I know with the diesels were, the engine temps never really moved, no matter the load or climb.
    Bot sure about the gas ones???
    But yes, it will probably be a consideration in the future, because I don’t ever see diesel being all that cheap again.
    And yes, you see less and less campers now.