Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compulsory Inspection

Re: Compulsory Inspection

The compulsory inspector will give you a signed copy of the C.I. Data Sheet as proof of inspection assuming the animal presented and the harvest is compliant with published regulations in all respects. In the event the inspection is determined to be non-compliant in some respect, you will not receive proof of inspection.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Re: Compulsory Inspection

I received a response from the CO service, this was their answer to the question that I posed:

I have a question about removing evidence of sex & species.

If I brought an elk (or any other species of animal) in to have an inspection done by a Compulsory Inspector, after it has been inspected could I then butcher the animal in camp (not at my place of residence)?

I have attached a copy of the section from the hunting synopsis that speaks to your question. Please see the 3
    rd bullet under “Removing Evidence of Sex & Species”. So, the short answer is yes. I would also add that if a person choses to do this, they would still need to provide a copy of the CI information as well as any species licenses and documentation that might be associated such as limited entry requirements. I hope this answers your question.

This is the answer that I was looking for and it makes perfect sense to me.