Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compulsory Inspection

Compulsory Inspection

If I bring an elk in to get an inspection done could I then butcher that animal in camp? In looking at the regs it seems that it would be ok.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Compulsory Inspection

I literally only brought the head in when I got the inspection done on mine last year.

Need the incisor tooth, rack and and chunk of skin with hair on it.. that’s all they asked me
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

need to have proof of sex while transporting

hard enough to do with a used rubber let alone a cut-n-wrap
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

since when do you have to bring in a elk to get CI'd?

Quote Originally Posted by madcalfe View Post
    Look on page 21 of the synopsis, shows the required MU's.

I also had to have the rosie bull in my avatar CI'd, pretty sure the the reg 1 elk leh's have required CI for a while
    Last edited by Ron.C; 05-30-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madcalfe View Post
    You don't (well maybe in some situations as Ron mentioned). The reason to bring it in to get CI'd is so I can butcher in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    need to have proof of sex while transporting

hard enough to do with a used rubber let alone a cut-n-wrap
    True, except there's a provision in the reg's showing that the proof of sex can be removed once the animal is CI'd.

I think I'm going to reach out to the CO on this one.

This is what the hunting reg's say. You can not cut up your animal at at camp. It can only be processed at your residence or at a meat cutter. The bill you receive from the meat cutter will have all of the info needed for your trip home. It must be a real meat cutter which will meet all of the standards put out by the Gov't.

Removing Evidence of Sex & SpeciesEvidence of species and sex may be removedfrom the carcass or the hide of game:4after it arrives at a person’s normaldwelling place and is butchered and storedthere for consumption on the premises,4after it is taken to a meat cutter or theowner or operator of a cold storage plant,or4after it has been inspected by a qualifiedCompulsory Inspector.
    From what I have been told the Inspector will be the owner of the meat processing plant.

Can someone chime in that has gotten a CI done? Do you get some sort of official document that the animal has been inspected? Does the CO or inspector put the info into a database that other CO's can access?

I posted the question to the CO service, I'll let you know what I find out, it'll be a few days for them to respond...

Quote Originally Posted by jamfarm View Post
    Can someone chime in that has gotten a CI done? Do you get some sort of official document that the animal has been inspected? Does the CO or inspector put the info into a database that other CO's can access?

I posted the question to the CO service, I'll let you know what I find out, it'll be a few days for them to respond...
    Iv'e had a goat and elk CI'd. In both cases I was given a small tag from the CI that noted the animal, date, my tag, hunter# and LEH Auth #. I beleive his file number. I'm sure the CO service eventually has access to this data but can't see it being an immediate thing.