Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luxe Ordering Experience- Worst Ever

Re: Luxe Ordering Experience- Worst Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Just got an email back from luxe. I didn’t ask for warranty, I only asked about repair or selling me the one destroyed piece of my tent. My expectations from any reputable dealer would be some kind of compromise where they would sell me the piece I needed at a discount, sell me a complete tent at discount, or help me out with repair. The only response I received was a link to their warranty page(which I never asked for warranty) where I found a disclaimer for damage and a recommendation I find someone local to repair it or use seam sealing tape from their website.

That’s pretty piss poor if you ask me. I like the size of the tent and it was actually decent for venting and stuff, but I won’t be shopping there again based solely on the customer service. I was just speaking with my wife and I think we’ll order the 8 person seek outside tent instead when we have a few extra bucks. I’ll throw the luxe in the garbage and cut my my losses.
    What's actually wrong with your luxe. Mine just has one of the black loop ripped out easy fixeasy fix myself and then reseal but I got the exact same Email responding that you got. I probably will not buy again either even though other than that it's been pretty good in heavy wind rain and snow I have the megahorn XL

I own Seek Outside, Luxe and Lite Outdoor products. SO and LO have been great to deal with. I even had an employee of SO text me pics for size reference purposes of a packed tipi. IMO the SO if worth the extra dough. Have had the tipi up in some pretty nasty weather with zero issues.

Also had poor experience with Luxe as far as communication goes. Will not be buying anything from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    What's actually wrong with your luxe. Mine just has one of the black loop ripped out easy fixeasy fix myself and then reseal but I got the exact same Email responding that you got. I probably will not buy again either even though other than that it's been pretty good in heavy wind rain and snow I have the megahorn XL
    it is repairable and I might give it to someone who wants to go that route, but I’m a little pissy with them and would rather burn it than let someone else use it. At this point I’d rather troll the internet leaving bad reviews everywhere I can.

I can post some more pics later, but the stitching is really frayed out around the stove jack. The other question I have is: Will it pitch properly after I pull some material out of the middle? They already pitch funny when they’re not on completely flat ground.

It will look very ugly, but just fix your broken tent with red Tuck Tape. Lay it out flat, take your time and apply to both sides. It will last longer than the rest of the tent. Ive done many repairs on rip stop nylon like that on kites and they hold up to the force and elements very well.

thanks for the Luxe review. Their prices are attractive but sounds like decidedly not worth the effort

They have terrible service. Decent tents tho.

It’s too bad their customer service is so shit. I have two Luxe tent. I’m happy with both, but the customer service is a requirement as well.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

I just thought I’d update the response I got from luxe when I asked them to sell me the one piece of my tent that was destroyed or a discount on a whole new tent. Don’t expect any kind of service after you make your purchase. Here it is cut and paste.

Unfortunately, we don't have pieces of that particular tent to ship you, and we are unable to sell you the shelter for the old discounted price.

Pretty much I ordered a in-stock stove a month ago .still no tracking not in-stock several week stock update glad I ordered early lol
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Weird. My ordering experience was perfect. Zero issues. Tent was shipped right away and I had it in a couple of days. It’s a nice tent too. I did try to order by phone, but there is a message saying just order online, so I did.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

have you tried tenacious tape? really flexible, really strong, apply inside and out of cut you should be good to go