Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luxe Ordering Experience- Worst Ever

Luxe Ordering Experience- Worst Ever

Hi, I noticed a Luxe tent in a recent post. I didn’t want to derail the conversation, but wanted to share how awful my experience ordering from them was. I like the gear, and did a later season mountain hunt with my buddy last year using a 3w stove and luxe tent that worked really well in cold temps.

Anyways, I placed my order online when their website indicated they had stock. I emailed them a few days later when I had received no information about shipping, and didn’t get a response back for over a week. I tried calling them, even though they say they don’t take calls. They didn’t return the call and when they finally emailed me back they neglected to answer any of my questions about stock and shipping and explained they could help me with all my questions in emails. After a month with no reply about when they would ship the item that they showed in stock when I placed my order, I guess they got frustrated and offered me a refund. Finally a few weeks later I emailed them several times asking for the refund and for the order to be canceled. Then there was no reply at all, and I had to dispute the transaction to get my money refunded. I finally looked at some of their online reviews and found that they had actually scammed people by not returning money for orders that were never shipped. I have ordered many other things online and never had such horrible customer service . They are still running the same sale, saying that they have inventory when they couldn’t ship within six weeks of taking my order. Even though they had a good sale, it was still well over $700 for the tent and the stove. If anyone has any suggestions on other companies that offer similar products with good customer service I would appreciate the info. Thanks in advance and before warned about Luxe. Definitely the worst online ordering experience I have ever had.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Luxe Ordering Experience- Worst Ever

I didn’t even read your entire post but can say I had very poor customer service as well. I ended up emailing and giving them an ultimatum of supplying me with tracking info or I was calling my credit card company to reverse the transaction. I had a tracking number within 15 minutes of sending that email.

The liteoutdoors guy has tents and stoves for sale that are made in China. He’s a canadian guy so he’s better to deal with, but you’re still buying a Chinese made product.

Im pretty happy with my seek outside tent, but you’re going to pay a premium for made in murica, but it also has the name of the builders stitched into the tent so you know you’re supporting a person or family in North America instead of China.

I have the luxe megahorn xl. Overall it's been a great tent. Survived heavy wind on the fly in and a few other hunts, But a couple of weeks ago we went to tofino For 5 days of family camping and one of the eye ties ripped out ripped out my contacted luxe and they got back to me right away Kept asking for pictures and videos on multiple emails and I kept sending them and then they finally send me an email that this is how you fix it or get it fix somewhere near you and telling me the eyes are not covered under their one year warranty. Even if it was covered under warranty it wouldn't be worth it to send it down there I will just fix it myself but I probably will not be buying another tent from them because of their poor customer service. My hunting partner has the Cimarron And it's been pretty good too I was looking at the light outdoors because I had one of they're woodstoves that I ended up selling cause it was a pain i* t** a** but the owner has top notch customer service there service there but now that there are tents I found out now are made in China I won't be buying 1 of his tents either.

Seems to be a common issue about luxe lacking communication and customer service.

Is there a made in Canada Tipi tent manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    The liteoutdoors guy has tents and stoves for sale that are made in China. He’s a canadian guy so he’s better to deal with, but you’re still buying a Chinese made product.

Im pretty happy with my seek outside tent, but you’re going to pay a premium for made in murica, but it also has the name of the builders stitched into the tent so you know you’re supporting a person or family in North America instead of China.
    Thanks, Ill see what i can find

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    Seems to be a common issue about luxe lacking communication and customer service.

Is there a made in Canada Tipi tent manufacturer?
    I think that’s about the nicest way you could put it, when they take your money And repeatedly ignore emails or answer emails and don’t supply information on shipping and tracking for six weeks on items they say are in stock.

Their shipping rates were horrible, so you definitely wouldn’t be shipping anything back to them for repairs even if they were able to repair the products. It seems like an option that was made in Canada or serviced in Canada would be great.

As for when i ordered my luxe tent i had it at my door 5 days later

I know nothing of LUXE tents other than what Bustercluck posted in his bear thread. Seek Outside make a similar style tent. I don't know if they have the features you are looking for or not but, in the dealings I have had with them they have exhibited outstanding customer service and their products are extremely well made in the States. IMHO they are definitely worth your consideration if they manufacture a product that meets your requirements.

If you aren't in a big rush they have seconds/blem sales a couple of times a year. If you are on their email list you will get early warning or the sale. Savings in the 10-15% range. I've purchased two blemished items through these sales and I'm still looking for the blems. They seem to demand a pretty high standard.
    Last edited by Elkaddict; 05-30-2022 at 08:05 AM.

Just got an email back from luxe. I didn’t ask for warranty, I only asked about repair or selling me the one destroyed piece of my tent. My expectations from any reputable dealer would be some kind of compromise where they would sell me the piece I needed at a discount, sell me a complete tent at discount, or help me out with repair. The only response I received was a link to their warranty page(which I never asked for warranty) where I found a disclaimer for damage and a recommendation I find someone local to repair it or use seam sealing tape from their website.

That’s pretty piss poor if you ask me. I like the size of the tent and it was actually decent for venting and stuff, but I won’t be shopping there again based solely on the customer service. I was just speaking with my wife and I think we’ll order the 8 person seek outside tent instead when we have a few extra bucks. I’ll throw the luxe in the garbage and cut my my losses.