Thread: cedar moose call

cedar moose call

Since I don't have any big birch trees near by I'm wondering if 'culturally modifying' a big ol cedar would be as good? As a good conservator I'd only consider doing this if successful on a moose LEH this year.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: cedar moose call

Iv seen a role of cork gasket, old rubber boot, cardboard, kids crazy carpet, traffic cone, tar paper, they’ll all work.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

hmmm imo...go to Cabelas..or online and get K.C Capling ...AKA moose magnum fibreglass calling 21 "...
    lightweight..great amplification...resonance...ive been using one for 4 years..love it..so do the moose...
    Srupp

Another option to consider, is to buy one of those fat shorter plastic baseball bat for kids. Cut both ends. Works excellent. Can't beat it. I have used this on many successful hunts over the years.
    Always EXPECT the UNEXPECTED!

Hummm now I'm thinking I could just use my elk bugling tube, right? The biggest difference might be the diameter of the mouth end opening? Going to the garage to try it! Funny what just entering an LEH draw can do to a guy's excitement level!

I make my own out of fiberglass. Sounds great for calling and scraping bushes.

I have used my cupped hands an called in moose . I have used a birch bark call as well and called in moose . I think anything that magnifies your voice / call will work
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    I have used my cupped hands an called in moose . I have used a birch bark call as well and called in moose . I think anything that magnifies your voice / call will work
    Arctic Lake
    Exactly, at the right time of the year! If you hit the golden time of the year you're in. I'v use anything from cardboard tubing to birch bark calls they all worked.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    I make my own out of fiberglass. Sounds great for calling and scraping bushes.

Nice looking call. What diameter is it at each end? What did you wrap the glass around to give it shape? I might just give that a try since I've got some glass and fixins left over from a canoe repair.

The elk tube seems to work pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Nice looking call. What diameter is it at each end? What did you wrap the glass around to give it shape? I might just give that a try since I've got some glass and fixins left over from a canoe repair.

The elk tube seems to work pretty good too.
    Used a borrowed traffic cone.