Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: LEH is OPEN Now

Re: LEH is OPEN Now

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    What happens when a group of 3 applies for a moose draw that has only one tag authorization?
    On page 2 of the synopsis under "Shared Hunts":

A group of two will be authorized to take one moose or bison, and a group of three or four will be authorized to take two moose or bison. If only one authorization remains in the draw, and a Shared Hunt group of three or four persons is drawn, the group will be authorized to take one moose or bison only.
    Last edited by last light; 06-12-2022 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justachip View Post
    I believe you do not get it and they move on to the next single person.
    This is correct for "Group Hunts". I just looked it up on page 2. "Group hunts" and "shared hunts" have different rules when there is only one authorization remaining.

When applying for a Group Hunt, please be aware that the number of authorizations printed in the synopsis is tentative. In the event that there are not sufficient authorizations available to provide everyone in the group with an authorization, the group will not be drawn.

Can someone explain to me second choice hunts.

It has been my understanding that if not enough people apply to give out all the tags to 1st choice hunters, the rest of the tags in the allocation will go to those who didn't get their own 1st choice elsewhere.
    Ex: reg 9-1 has 3 sheep tags.

Joe and Adam applied to reg 9-1 as first choice odds. No one else applied.

Bob applied to reg 9-2 as first choice and 9-1 as second choice.

Joe and Adam get tags, and Bob doesn't get drawn for 9-2 so he also gets the 9-1.

Now, this makes sense to me in an area where there are more tags given than applicants. What doesnt make sense is why would anyone put, say Kamloops lake ram, as their second choice? In what situation is it even possible to get drawn for this tag under second choice, when there is 1 tag and literally thousands of applications every year. It is 100% impossible to ever get this under second choice.

Am i missing something? or are people just wasting their time with second choice in hunts like this.
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 06-12-2022 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO;[URL="tel:2344502"
    2344502[/URL]]Can someone explain to me second choice hunts.

It has been my understanding that if not enough people apply to give out all the tags to 1st choice hunters, the rest of the tags in the allocation will go to those who didn't get their own 1st choice elsewhere.

Joe and Adam applied to reg 9-1 as first choice odds.
    Bob applied to reg 9-2 as first choice and 9-1 as first choice.

Joe and Adam get tags, and Bob doesn't get drawn for 9-2 so he also gets the 9-1.

Now, this makes sense to me in an area where there are more tags given than applicants. What doesnt make sense is why would anyone put, say Kamloops lake ram, as their second choice? In what situation is it even possible to get drawn for this tag under second choice, when there is 1 tag and literally thousands of applications every year. It is 100% impossible to ever get this under second choice.

Am i missing something? or are people just wasting their time with second choice in hunts like this.
    my thoughts are you get drawn but all the draws are gone for the first choice (due to number available), then give you your second? I could totally be wrong though
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eZlQs5-wwUY

This podcast was a good listen. Answers a few of your questions.
    Sometimes it’s easier to hear it than to read it

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Can someone explain to me second choice hunts.

Joe and Adam applied to reg 9-1 as first choice odds. No one else applied.

Bob applied to reg 9-2 as first choice and 9-1 as second choice.

That is not correct the computer draws everyones first draws first. Once that is dont it goes through all the second draws and hands out if there are tags.

So if this years odds are anything greater then 1:1 there will not be any second choice tags drawn. You always hear of guys saying they got kamloops lake on their second choice. I would bet my hunting license they mixed up their choices and drew their first choice and not their second.

For years I always drew my second choice goat hunt in the west koots (probably like 6 years in a row) but the first choice odds were 1:0.4 (so basically everyone got it on their first choice and they always had 50% of the available tags left for second choice. I stopped doing this once they changed the rule that of you got drawn for a tag your odds would be reduced the following year.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Friendly reminder, 2 Days left.

CLOSING DATE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 11:59 P.M. ✽✽THURSDAY, JUNE 16, 2022✽✽

Quote Originally Posted by igojuone View Post
    I've only applied a couple times in the past so I'm confused on the individual/group/share thingy. Every 'code' I see has in the far right column either Shared or Group but no individual. Does it have to be a group or shared hunt?
    Hey, I made this account a few days ago to try give you an answer, but unfortunately it took too long. I emailed the appropriate people with the same question as you and received this response.
    Hello,

Any hunt code in the LEH Synopsis can be applied for as an individual applicant. This means that you will be able to apply as an individual for any species in the LEH Synopsis.

Thank you,

Ian Leeson

Data and Licensing Coordinator

Fish and Wildlife Branch

Ministry of Forests

Hopefully you were able to apply.