Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
I would say elk rubs as well, maybe a single bachelor?, herd rubs i have found in my region are completely thrashed no trees untouched in a 20ft or so area.
Great find and i would say camera time
i will mention that my spring cams are full of bachelors and underage bulls, come hunting season - crickets
big animals move a long distance fast, a suggestion for success is ranging this rub with all the other factors Elk need (water/seclusion/food/access to mating areas) somewhere in the middle you will find "the spot"
Good luck sir, this is a great start
I got one cam up already that I will be checking weekend after next not at the major rubbing sites but I have 3 cams in total for this area so will be putting at least one up there.

There are two large areas here with literally no access at all, they both have lots of water, one has north and south facing slopes. I started to go in there last weekend but there was still snow on the way in and it was very loud trying to sneak through there didn't want to spook everything. But not much was left an with the way it was melting I figure weekend after next it will be gone and I am going to head in there see what I find and put cams up.

When you say mating areas just a secluded place where they do the do every year sort of thing? flat I am guessing lol