Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 LEH Hunting Changes Out

Re: 2022 LEH Hunting Changes Out

Ok... I hummed and hawed over asking this here or starting a new thread but I would like a simple short clear answer to this once and for all and don't think it warrants a . Is the BCWF a conservation organization like it claims, both on here and when I do get a reply when I contact them, or does it represent resident hunters?

In the BC government's own statement it reads "These decisions were informed by extensive engagement with the public, First Nations, the Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia and the BC Wildlife Federation." That would read to me as though they were representing resident hunters.

I fully know that they had no part in this decision. It was decided long before anyone on here, or they ever even heard about it. But in all honesty, resident hunters need a real group to represent them. The province seems to repeatedly assert that the BCWFis who they consult to represent us but the BCWF says they are a conservation organization that does not. I just want a yes or no answer, and if the answer is no then serious discussion must be had to create one and the BCWF must refuse to.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Look,
    For many years hunters themselves are guilty of seeing the Bcwf as an organization “for hunters”.
    Its filled with hunters in their ranks, but they are organized to help “wildlife’”.
    We are guilty of thinking the represent hunters in their battles.
    They do try to for sure.
    But they are also guilty of letting us for years “assume” they represent hunters in what they are doing.
    The goabc is for GO.
    Wr for years have actually not had tri resident hunter representation, unlike the goabc but used bcwf.
    We do have sci hunters for bc now, but it is filled with a mix of hunters, just so you are all aware.
    And in that is a mix of resident hunters and GO!
    So, do we have truly a organization for resident hunters with zero affiliation with GO or anything else.
    Not to my knowledge.

And here comes the flack from what I just said.
    Dont care, won’t respond, just saying it from my point of view

conservation has always been part of a hunters psyche..so in the past they were easy to combine...but now hunting has been perverted by politics such that we are no longer seen as stewards of wildlife because hunting is no longer being driven by sound science (AKA conservation)

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    "One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.". - Martin Luther King

This whole 4th turning thesis has merits.
    Bingo....all carry on....

Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc View Post
    Correction monashee, your post should read "soon you'll only hunt "legally" if you're FN or rich". Legal to or not, I for one will continue to feed my family the same way MY ancestors have been doing on this continent for the last 350 years. My forebears had direct and meaningful impact on building this nation and I won't be told I'm not entitled to anything me or my predecessors helped build. I suspect I'm not alone in this sentiment or in this intended course of action.

Chris
    You are not alone indeed...

Easy to define your take on what 'representing resident hunters' means to you, then look into the mission and mandate of the BCWF that has not changed ever, then decide if they are the bus to jump on or take another ride tha better fits your needs
    Same as our local gc , it didn't do anything for me so am traveling to a club range that does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    Ok... I hummed and hawed over asking this here or starting a new thread but I would like a simple short clear answer to this once and for all and don't think it warrants a . Is the BCWF a conservation organization like it claims, both on here and when I do get a reply when I contact them, or does it represent resident hunters?

In the BC government's own statement it reads "These decisions were informed by extensive engagement with the public, First Nations, the Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia and the BC Wildlife Federation." That would read to me as though they were representing resident hunters.

I fully know that they had no part in this decision. It was decided long before anyone on here, or they ever even heard about it. But in all honesty, resident hunters need a real group to represent them. The province seems to repeatedly assert that the BCWFis who they consult to represent us but the BCWF says they are a conservation organization that does not. I just want a yes or no answer, and if the answer is no then serious discussion must be had to create one and the BCWF must refuse to.
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by dany View Post
    scout, I have to apologize, I was a bit too fast with information yet to be verified. A clerk replied to a PTA request that all hunting will be closed on Haida, they, however have now corrected that statement. PTA remains closed but that’s nothing new. Resident hunting will not be banned. Sorry for the confusion. Everybody a bit on the verge in the current climate.
    I got sent a screenshot of that same email from a friend last night, glad it's an error, but man bad news moves fast around here

Here’s my 2 cents if I can afford horses, a jet boat, a float plane or hire a guide and don’t draw out on the LEH I’m out of luck to hunt moose in 7B this year. Kinda doesn’t seem fair I always thought we had equal rights as residents of this province. I mean that one of the reasons they have the ATV restrictions cause the Government was like not everyone can afford a ATV so it’s not fair for everyone. Looks to me that this is completely BS way of wildlife management again by the NDP government which need to go and have some real science based wildlife management practices. It’s time to stick up for us hunters and start to make enough noise that these goofs in Victoria hear our voice and stop the BS and stop them from taking away our opportunities for their political gains. My 2cents
    VEGETARIAN (vej' eter' een) n:
    Old Indian Word for
    BAD HUNTER

Valid 2 cents, imo

does anyone know when the LEH will be out lol