Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 LEH Hunting Changes Out

Re: 2022 LEH Hunting Changes Out

Email them and got this message today

Hello,

We are getting close to publishing the LEH Synopsis online and that should happen soon, hopefully next week. The LEH draw cannot be opened until the Limited Entry Hunting regulation under the Wildlife Act has been signed and deposited into legislation. This has not been completed, and therefore the draw won’t be open for applications for a little while yet. Once we have published the new 2022-2023 LEH Synopsis online, a deadline date for LEH applications will be set, likely a few weeks from when we opened the draw for applications. Please note that these are still approximate timeframes only and there is no specific opening date or closing dates currently.
    VEGETARIAN (vej' eter' een) n:
    Old Indian Word for
    BAD HUNTER

Quote Originally Posted by talver View Post
    Here’s my 2 cents if I can afford horses, a jet boat, a float plane or hire a guide and don’t draw out on the LEH I’m out of luck to hunt moose in 7B this year. Kinda doesn’t seem fair I always thought we had equal rights as residents of this province. I mean that one of the reasons they have the ATV restrictions cause the Government was like not everyone can afford a ATV so it’s not fair for everyone. Looks to me that this is completely BS way of wildlife management again by the NDP government which need to go and have some real science based wildlife management practices. It’s time to stick up for us hunters and start to make enough noise that these goofs in Victoria hear our voice and stop the BS and stop them from taking away our opportunities for their political gains. My 2cents
    Make all the noise you want…..won’t make any difference likely just make it worse. Vast majority of BCers don’t give 2 shits about hunters and hunting opportunity and prefer the critters are left alone. Thats just a fact. Politicians know it and pander to the voters. BC NDP is all about reconciliation and the environment because that’s what the masses think is important these days. Hunters are irrelevant and are simply used as a pawn for a means to an end. They don’t care if your hunting opportunity gets trampled and dealt away in the process. Sucks but thats just the way it is. As long as I remember hunting opportunity in this province has been eroded. The only thing that is certain is that it will continue. Enjoy what is left while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    Make all the noise you want…..won’t make any difference likely just make it worse. Vast majority of BCers don’t give 2 shits about hunters and hunting opportunity and prefer the critters are left alone. Thats just a fact. Politicians know it and pander to the voters. BC NDP is all about reconciliation and the environment because that’s what the masses think is important these days. Hunters are irrelevant and are simply used as a pawn for a means to an end. They don’t care if your hunting opportunity gets trampled and dealt away in the process. Sucks but thats just the way it is. As long as I remember hunting opportunity in this province has been eroded. The only thing that is certain is that it will continue. Enjoy what is left while you can.
    Your statement.....harsh reality check...sad but closer to the truth than we care to admit.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

This!
    Majority of this province's population just doesn't give a shit about hunting. Even those that are indifferent on it won't go out of their way to voice their opinion one way or the other. It's just not a thought in their everyday life whatsoever.

The hunting culture just isn't there anymore like it is in some of the US states that maintain a much higher hunter population.

I for one think the general population have NO IDEA about hunters and hunting in B.C. !
    The only way I see to change that is a massive education campaign . How and where to get the money is something I’m not sure about , but it NEEDS to be done . Press the importance of self reliance on harvesting your own protein , being in the great outdoors etc .

Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Exclamation Re: 2022 LEH Hunting Changes Out

I am sad to see Hunting opportunities being lost in this Province and I totally agree with what you have said , I am now a senior and have been hunting since i have been 5 years old , I remember the old days just buy a Tag and go so I am very fortunate to have hunted through the late 60's and early 70's before LEH and all the restrictions , sadly thoes days are gone.

The majority of people could care less.
    Its not tha the majority hate what we do, but they are bombarded by anti sentiment in the media.
    Rarely do they involve themselves into a discussion, as it does not affect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    I for one think the general population have NO IDEA about hunters and hunting in B.C. !
    The only way I see to change that is a massive education campaign . How and where to get the money is something I’m not sure about , but it NEEDS to be done . Press the importance of self reliance on harvesting your own protein , being in the great outdoors etc .

Arctic Lake

How do you educate someone who doesn't care at all about the subject?

It's like someone trying to educate me about the benefits of video games. Or some education campaign about cycling and bike lanes. Don't care for it even in the slightest. That's how I expect most of the population to feel about hunting.

I have also heard that island elk may be taken away soon....just rumor,?.....

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    How do you educate someone who doesn't care at all about the subject?

It's like someone trying to educate me about the benefits of video games. Or some education campaign about cycling and bike lanes. Don't care for it even in the slightest. That's how I expect most of the population to feel about hunting.
    Exactly….most just see it as needless killing and think the world would be better without it. Add to that the general fear of firearms and most would just as soon have neither. No campaign is going to change that….ever. For most of us hunting and firearms are part of our cultural fabric….it makes us who we are. We identify by it….it makes us whole. Most don’t understand that and never will. They don’t get that 99% of hunting is about the experience, building memories, reminiscing as we get older. You can’t teach that with media campaigns….you have to live it.