Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2022 LEH Hunting Changes Out

Re: 2022 LEH Hunting Changes Out

I have also heard that island elk may be taken away soon....just rumor,?.....

Quote Originally Posted by tinhorse View Post
    I have also heard that island elk may be taken away soon....just rumor,?.....
    With the Horgan NDP show along with there Ramming in UNDRIP all of our hunting will be taken away sooner than later .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

When can we apply for Leh

The BCWF is the only organization to lobby for hunters but is busy trying to be politically correct. To retain our hunting heritage the BCWF is going to have to ruffle some feathers but they are happy to remain status quo and not be outspoken. We (BCWF) are going to have to get confrontational. If we dont we will loose it all which is what is going to happen anyway!!!!

We will all have a voice when the next election happens. Remember you we feel today when standing in the polling both !!!!

I am not going to blame the bcwf.
    Trust me, pretty everyone of them inside the federation don’t like it either.
    We by nature are to complacent
    This is purely political and to a degree, a change in society and its values.
    Its also what happens when big corporations are not held into account and Libby the shit out of keeping their interests above everyone else.
    Its the politicians who are making this happen.
    It will only be politicians the can fix it.
    But, time is running out.

First, I want to make it clear that I in no way blame the BCWF or anyone besides the current government for this disgrace. That being says I will make this clear as I can:

Was anyone at the table representing resident hunters, full stop?

It's a simple question. Was the BCWF at the table representing BC hunters? Yes or no. The BCWF has regularly come on here and other social media platforms and stated they do not represent hunters but that it is strictly a conservation organization who is primarily made up of hunters and anglers. I respect that, and will continue to support them. However, to me the wording of the Government's statement sounds like they were there representing resident hunters, just the GOABC was there representing guides so which is it? Are they the provincially designated organization chosen to represent resident hunters in this province or are they there to provide input on conservation?

If they were representing resident hunters then whyb do they insist they don't? If they weren't then how do form an organization that does; or is it too late and hunting is lost in this province?

To quell any debate, I am not trying to attack the BCWF. I have been a member for well over half my life and will continue to be. I would just like a straight answer as anytime I have contacted them I either recieved no response or one that evades the question.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Maybe in a 100 years the First Nations will have reconciliation for us white folks and we can carry on like our for father’s!

Quote Originally Posted by pnbrock View Post
    Maybe in a 100 years the First Nations will have reconciliation for us white folks and we can carry on like our for father’s!
    Trying to accept the lacking of science and educations from the equations involved in these decisions regarding reconciliations and stewardships is incredibly difficult for common sense to uphold. No science at all. No mention of training programs involving these new stewards?? Just skin color, race good enough? Just what ever they decide to do is what we will have ,or not have. What a bloody blue scarlet mess this will be in just a few years!! Already groups of folks facing the price of meat at the markets having meetings on honing the skills at deboning meat in the field. Even some talk of rustling beef!! Times definitely are changing. Sure wish there was some way of riding this land of this sickening pestilence. Dam sure don't see twodoe and deadmeat walkin around here tryin to shake hands!!
    RESIDENT HUNTER-"SUCK IT UP PRINCESS!"

Saving my Pennie’s.
    Someone else can have my tags.
    They always do for the last 25 years anyways.