Thread: Anyone having trouble with bear, want a crash course this weekend?

Anyone having trouble with bear, want a crash course this weekend?

Well, the best weekend of bear season is upon us, my freezer is over flowing and I’ve been part of four successful bear hunts so far.. needless to say, I want to spend as much time outdoors as possible.. I was supposed to take someone out this weekend for a bear but they were lucky enough to tag one a few nights ago.

So, here’s the deal..

My hunting buddy and myself, will be camped out in zone 8, likely 8-5 but not positive, we both have bears down but are going to spend the weekend camping with boots on the ground, he has a friend popping in and he’s going to take them for their first bear, so if anyone wants to meet up with us for a morning/evening or the weekend, don’t hesitate to reach out and we will make it happen.

im certainly not guaranteeing you get a bear, but if you do I have no issue helping with retrieval, dressing skinning and butchering, if you’re experienced with butchering I’ll leave you to it, if you haven’t don’t it before we will walk you through it.

you’d need to have your own gun, and gear of course and have a valid tag.
    if you’re staying out a night or two, your own tent food etc.

it’s a last minute idea, but maybe someone will take me up on it

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone having trouble with bear, want a crash course this weekend?

I'm a bit new to this whole bear thing and could use a little help

Good man and generous offer. I hope someone takes you up and I hope one of you guys do a good old HBC write-up on the trip!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I'm a bit new to this whole bear thing and could use a little help

Good man and generous offer. I hope someone takes you up and I hope one of you guys do a good old HBC write-up on the trip!
    you might just be the only guy on here that puts just as much time or more into bear hunting lol.
    Hopefully someone with two tags is interested, the less bears in my deer spots the better aha

Good luck out there.
    Last edited by walks with deer; 05-19-2022 at 03:25 PM.

THis is an awesome offer!

My spot should be chock o block full of bears this year. I am hoping for the cranker I passed on in the fall - and saw last spring. But, if I don't see him early I may just take whatever passes in front of me. There was a sow that kicked her 3 2 year olds out last fall so I know the place is crawling.