Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticks and scumbags, Princeton/surrounding area

Ticks and scumbags, Princeton/surrounding area

Scouting up this way this weekend, will have boots on the ground for pretty well the whole 3 days. For anyone that spends time up there how are the ticks, and how about vehicles being damaged/broken into?

Thanks in advance for any info Gents!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ticks and scumbags, Princeton/surrounding area

You will certainly be flickin ticks off! Scumbags should be scarce though.

I would think that the scumbag pecentage would be highest the closer you are to the lower wasteland

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    You will certainly be flickin ticks off! Scumbags should be scarce though.
    Hahaha nice!! Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    I would think that the scumbag pecentage would be highest the closer you are to the lower wasteland
    The scumbags abound in 2022 my friend, there are people like that all over now. But yes soddom and gomorrah (lower wasteland) definitely is flooded with them!

With your attitude please stay home.
    Never got a tick in princeton yet...and never had any issues...if your hunting bear go to higher elevation and ticks will be less present...and price of gas most scumbags are still in the lower mainland.

Have had our Tulameen place for 20+ years, am in the woods a lot, Son has been living in Princeton for 20 years, he's in the woods more than he's at home, we've never experienced any problems in the hills around there. Closer you get to the Coquihalla tho', the greater the chances of vehicles, camps being vandalized.
    One tick in all those years, probably fell off our dog after a day in the bush.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    With your attitude please stay home.
    Never got a tick in princeton yet...and never had any issues...if your hunting bear go to higher elevation and ticks will be less present...and price of gas most scumbags are still in the lower mainland.
    Just asking because some areas in region 5 are notorious for natives damaging any non native vehicles rendering them inoperable and stranded, other places in region 8 for people raiding camps and thieving. Or like last Remembrance Day when a car drove my Dad over and dragged him up the mountain right before my eyes while I jumped out of the way of the vehicle and they broke his back and neck and leg and gave him brain damage and me stranded.

Was just asking how the area is for leaving my vehicle on the side of an FSR for three days straight

Not trying to make a snarky reply, just where i'm coming from if I came off like a pos, thanks for the heads up! Won't be hunting Bear but have been thinking about picking up a tag

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Have had our Tulameen place for 20+ years, am in the woods a lot, Son has been living in Princeton for 20 years, he's in the woods more than he's at home, we've never experienced any problems in the hills around there. Closer you get to the Coquihalla tho', the greater the chances of vehicles, camps being vandalized.
    One tick in all those years, probably fell off our dog after a day in the bush.
    Thanks man! I will be up there a lot this year

Were they caught? How's your Dad now?