Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ticks and scumbags, Princeton/surrounding area

Re: Ticks and scumbags, Princeton/surrounding area

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    Were they caught? How's your Dad now?
    No, I don't think they ever will be. Unless maybe someone rats someone out.

He is really good all things considering I thought he was going to be brain dead for life. But his brain is back to normal besides forgetting words sometimes and his swallowing food is not all there (some brain throat connection problem), other than that my Dad is my Dad again hahah but his leg he won't be hiking much or at all this year.

But when it happened (dark/snowing) I couldn't find him and thought he was dead for sure

How the hell does that happen ? Can you share the story ?
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Just asking because some areas in region 5 are notorious for natives damaging any non native vehicles rendering them inoperable and stranded, other places in region 8 for people raiding camps and thieving. Or like last Remembrance Day when a car drove my Dad over and dragged him up the mountain right before my eyes while I jumped out of the way of the vehicle and they broke his back and neck and leg and gave him brain damage and me stranded.

Was just asking how the area is for leaving my vehicle on the side of an FSR for three days straight

Not trying to make a snarky reply, just where i'm coming from if I came off like a pos, thanks for the heads up! Won't be hunting Bear but have been thinking about picking up a tag
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    How the hell does that happen ? Can you share the story ?
    Arctic Lake
    We went to a place my Dads buddy had seen a monster whitetail in region 8 weeks before, we were supposed to go with him and his son but he backed out last min, also a buddy of mine couldnt go. So we went in blind, didn't like what we found so we headed south to a spot I got my first buck a whitetail when I was 11, we know the area very well.

We were staying in the wall tent with the wood stove, but instead of cutting wood I wanted to hunt. Told him I will cut the wood up at night and he dropped me off to hunt until dark. On the way down the mountain back to camp we found nice widow maker close to the road.

I cut it up and was putting the wood in the back of the truck and he was up by the front of the truck doing something.

We were about 150 yards away from the bend, and our lights were on truck was running. Seen the lights didn't think anything of it. Next thing I look up and they are right there speeding and slightly fishtailing, he didn't have a chance even if i'd of yelled he couldn't get out of the way I had to jump out of the way they missed me by seconds

We happened to pass a camp on a spur 2 minute run away from where it happened and they had a phone with service and a side by side. When we found my Dad about 300 meters up the mountain they hadn't even slowed down, he came loose by a miracle they didn't stop or slow to get him off. Couldn't drive his truck either so family picked me up they hit the truck and him.

These people are out there man they don't care as long as they get away

WOW ! that would be Very Hard to deal with ! I'm Really Glad your Dad mostly recovered ! Take CARE out there and watch out for Scumbags ! RJ

Thanks man! I will be up there a lot this year
    Damnit, I shoulda kept my mouth shut, now there'll be another "604" chasing our game.

No, I don't think they ever will be. Unless maybe someone rats someone out.

He is really good all things considering I thought he was going to be brain dead for life. But his brain is back to normal besides forgetting words sometimes and his swallowing food is not all there (some brain throat connection problem), other than that my Dad is my Dad again hahah but his leg he won't be hiking much or at all this year.

But when it happened (dark/snowing) I couldn't find him and thought he was dead for sure
    That's brutal, I've heard some bad stories but nothing like that.
    Do you have a hunch who they were?
    Was there a thorough investigation?
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Damnit, I shoulda kept my mouth shut, now there'll be another "604" chasing our game.
    Hahaha don't worry it will just be me, no groups and i've had these plans for a while. Within the next two years I will no longer be in the 604 crowd, and I can not wait!!
    Last edited by TheObserver; 05-17-2022 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    That's brutal, I've heard some bad stories but nothing like that.
    Do you have a hunch who they were?
    Was there a thorough investigation?
    Up there bow hunting in September we met some locals, that would be the closest thing to knowing anyone/thing. My Dad thinks they didn't really try

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    WOW ! that would be Very Hard to deal with ! I'm Really Glad your Dad mostly recovered ! Take CARE out there and watch out for Scumbags ! RJ
    Thanks man!! Will do! Definitely will never load wood off the main again