Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marlin 1895 Trapper 45/70 - now taking deposits!

Re: Marlin 1895 Trapper 45/70 - now taking deposits!

Quote Originally Posted by Imdone View Post
    They ARE wonderful to shoot.
    Well balanced, I use mine out to 200 yd.
    Love the deep lever, the stainless is a great option glad I went with.
    I do wish though , truthfully that mine were the Ruger version.
    It appears Ruger has done a great job. I like the subtle changes.
    I also have a Remington made one but it actually is really good fit and finish is excellent and it shoots excellent. It is actually one of my favorite guns to shoot. Especially if you hand load It isn't that expensive to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Many of these trickled in yet ?
    hunting partner looking for one for bear season, hope they are here by may.
    not many yet but they are coming in slowly
    Browse our online store!
    www.nechakooutdoors.ca

106 1st Street West
    Vanderhoof, BC
    250 567 9885
    mark@nechakooutdoors.ca

How are these working out?

Does anyone on here have one in their hands who wants to share how they’re built?

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    I also have a Remington made one but it actually is really good fit and finish is excellent and it shoots excellent. It is actually one of my favorite guns to shoot. Especially if you hand load It isn't that expensive to shoot
    My primary deer gun is a Remlin 336 BL. I disassembled and polished all the internals and lightened the springs a touch before even firing a single shot, but the thing is really well built and smooth as glass now. I love it. I will definitely be looking at a Ruger made 336 or 1895 when they are readily available.

If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    How are these working out?

Does anyone on here have one in their hands who wants to share how they’re built?
    Yea they are worth the effort. I purchased on before Christmas for my brother, as he has wanted a 45-70 for years, and I just happened across one in stock. The shorter 16" trapper version, grey stock, stainless hardware. Very nice rifle, and very fun to shoot.
    Ended up finding a 3-9x33 leupold ultra lite scope for it, and played out to 200 yards with it.

Have already bought all he needs and have reloaded for it using 300 gr bullets. Had it out again last weekend at the range for some more play time before he came and took it home with him. The brass is a hard one at this time, as it seems to be sold out everywhere when I looked a few days ago.

That said, I have not owned other 45-70's so can't compare to those, but I do have several 44 mags, and have had a marlin JM 44 mag. The new ruger is a great rifle, and I can't wait until they come out with other calibers.

I read somewhere they were supposed to be priced around $1700, but now I’m seeing prices around $2500. That’s definitely more than I’m willing to pay. A friend of mine picked up a Henry in 410 recently which is supposed to be the same action as their 45-70 and it was pretty smooth. Henry has a side load and tube now so I’m going to take a look in that direction. It would be nice to compare them side by side

I read somewhere they were supposed to be priced around $1700, but now I’m seeing prices around $2500. That’s definitely more than I’m willing to pay. A friend of mine picked up a Henry in 410 recently which is supposed to be the same action as their 45-70 and it was pretty smooth. Henry has a side load and tube now so I’m going to take a look in that direction. It would be nice to compare them side by side

i have all 3 of rugers new Marlin 45-70s

1895 guide gun
    1895 SBL
    1895 trapper

i also had the Henry 45-70 side gate all weather that everyone so badly wants and it was sold the minute I got the Marlin so do with that as you will.
    they are amazing guns. Far above any lever gun I’ve put my hands on since I started shooting 6 years ago.

sold my BLR to get the trapper and as soon as I got my hands on it immediately started hunting for the other 2.

some of the nicest factory guns I’ve touched IMO.

retail for the SBL and Trapper is up around $2500 now as confirmed by a couple vendors.
    id still pay that price for them TBH.

paid 1550 for the GBL, 1700 for the trapper and 1780 for the SBL.
    sold an extra trapper for 2600 and the guy was tripping over himself to pay it, said his local store wanted $2850 all in after tax in Ontario.
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 01-18-2023 at 12:09 PM.

Was it you on another thread they were calling “the scalper of westlock”?

Was it you on another thread they were calling “the scalper of westlock”?
    shit that makes me laugh. People are salty they don’t have the luck to find the guns they want haha

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    shit that makes me laugh. People are salty they don’t have the luck to find the guns they want haha
    What’s the difference between the Henry and marlin? Whats notably better than the other?