Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Renewal Info

Exclamation PAL Renewal Info

PAL came up for renewal in nov 2021, i sent my paperwork in online early sept 2021

its now march 2022, spoke to cfo in january told me file had to be reviewed by police
    talked to police on the hotline yesterday, was told file is under review by cfo

wtf is going on?

am i not running out of time?

this will be the 4th renewal of my PAL, never had problems before

any and all info welcome please

thank you for your time
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: PAL Renewal Info

I had a pretty ridiculous experience one time several years ago, 2 or 3 renewals back. At the time we were using a mailbox at the Agassiz post office as we lived close to there but didn't trust our little mailbox on a post at our actual residence. Anyway some time into my renewal process I phoned to see where things were at and I was informed by the woman on the phone that because my postal code was the same as the prison out there, my application had been flagged to make sure I wasn't actually in the prison. While I'm sure it didn't take them long to verify that I was not an inmate, the entire process had been stalled because of that. It was only because of my phone call that things got moving again. So I guess from that experience I would say just stay on them because it seems that once it stalls it can get thrown on a back burner for some time. I haven't used that address for a long time and haven't had a problem since.

I renewed mine last spring, it took 8 months & 2 phone calls. I was told it was a staffing shortage, I recieved my new PAL shortly after the second call.

It took them over a year to renew my PAL last time. I applied 6 months before expiry. The only change was my photo. I contacted the RCMP firearms branch several times, they approved my renewal 2 weeks after I applied. It sat on the Chief Firearms Officer's desk for a year.

Through calling various places at the CFO's office I somehow got transferred through to his secretary/assistant and started to complain that it had expired and I was going to miss the (then) upcoming hunting season. Less than a week later it was approved and at my door.

The current process is an absolute joke. Considering mine expires again in 2.5 years its probably about time I submit for renewal.

I accidentally renewed mine a year early, came within two weeks and good for 6 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by geo guy View Post
    It took them over a year to renew my PAL last time. I applied 6 months before expiry. The only change was my photo. I contacted the RCMP firearms branch several times, they approved my renewal 2 weeks after I applied. It sat on the Chief Firearms Officer's desk for a year.

Through calling various places at the CFO's office I somehow got transferred through to his secretary/assistant and started to complain that it had expired and I was going to miss the (then) upcoming hunting season. Less than a week later it was approved and at my door.

The current process is an absolute joke. Considering mine expires again in 2.5 years its probably about time I submit for renewal.

An RCMP officer suggested re-newing by sending for the forms and returning them by Canada Post regular mail. It was relatively quick.

I had to phone my MP to get them to send it before mine expired.

Never had a issue last year myself . But I filled out the forms and sent them by snail mail..Vortex
    Shhhhitttt I got this hold my beer

hmmm mine was sent off 1 month ago...STARTING TO SHIT BRICKS....GRRRRRRR
    Srupp

I had my most recent one renewed no problem. The one before I had to get my MP involved. I'd recommend doing that.

CFO eventually called me, asked if he could also phone my wife and I guess I passed the audition because he never called the wife and I got the license quickly after that.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey