Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Natives Sold Bear Bladders & Meat

Re: Natives Sold Bear Bladders & Meat

Should have just said "Poachers Sold Bear Bladders & Meat"
    Except that wont get any attention.

People are happy to jump on the bandwagon of "lets blame natives". Although wrong, the tensions evident there are a direct result of shortchanging by racist government and laws. Sure the natives dont deserve to be painted by the broad brush, but it is a direct result of the government and their laws, and as such, people are happy to say "oh jeez they are at it again". You see it all the time in newspapers "First nations (FN) sell food fish", "FN caught poaching" etc.

hmmm, sounds like a good idea to me.
    Did we just agree????

Poachers should have their nuts cut off...
    Harmony with land is like harmony with a friend; you cannot cherish his right hand and chop off his left. ~Aldo Leopold

Re: Natives Sold Bear Bladders & Meat

Quote Originally Posted by Browningmirage View Post
    Oh hell i understand that. This has been done several times before, people get banned pretty much every time because someone gets too revved up to think straight and start calling people some pretty interesting stuff.

My thoughts (back to original post) is that the guys that were caught should not have their native rights back (see, they violated them by selling wild game; conducted themselves in a unacceptable manner) to food fish and game. They (and speaking of these two individuals, and any other individuals who have been caught doing this, not painting the broad brush) have shown that they do not need fish and game for food, they would rather sell it. Why should they continue to be entitled to abuse the system?

I have a hard time dealing with the racism dealt out by the government. One group of people allowed to carry out their actions in a manner that is governed by a different set of rules based on their skin colour and background constitutes a racist policy...one that is unfair to all other peoples of Canada.
    I can deal with (not agree or accept or support) these racist rules as long as the people who take advantage of them do so in a legal manner. Once they have crossed that line however, i see no reason to give these individuals the opportunity to abuse the system again and again.
    Fair enough.