Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone on the fence about a new firearm, do it before May 18.

Re: Anyone on the fence about a new firearm, do it before May 18.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    Interesting that the same governments that want to restrict/remove single shot/repeating/semi-auto firearms ownership in their jurisdictions are so supportive of providing fully automatic firearms handed out from container trucks to any person that walks up to the que in the Ukraine. Just WTF is going on that there could be such assholes in this country and that they could actually get elected to positions of authority?

Be well.../B
    Funny, we were approached at the docks back in the day by Ukrainian sailors looking to offload some 9mm pistols complete with two full mags.
    Came in a nice plastic locking case and no serial #'s $300 out the door, they had 16 of them. Wonder where the LM gangs got armed?
    talk about returning the favour?
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Petros65 Guest

Here is the actual wording.

2.1.3 Transfer of Non‑restricted Firearms (Clauses 5, 9 and 10)

Under the Firearms Act, the term “transfer” means to sell, barter or give (section 21). Bill C‑71 replaces sections 23 and 23.1 of the Firearms Act with new sections 23(1) to 23(5) and raises the threshold of responsibility for a person wishing to transfer non‑restricted firearms who must now verify the validity of the licence of an individual prior to the transfer.
    Clause 5 of the bill provides that a “person” (defined to include a corporation in section 35 of the Interpretation Act16) must verify the transferee’s eligibility with the Registrar of Firearms (the Registrar) before completing the transfer. A transfer can therefore only occur once the Registrar is satisfied that the transferee holds a licence authorizing the acquisition and possession of a non‑restricted firearm. At the time of verification by the Registrar, a reference number is given that is valid for a prescribed period.
    Previously, the transferor was authorized to transfer non‑restricted firearms without verification if there was no reason to believe that the transferee was not authorized to acquire and possess a non‑restricted firearm. Thus, all requests to the Registrar for verification were made on a voluntary basis.
    Clause 9 of the bill amends section 70(1)(a) of the Firearms Act to provide that a CFO may revoke the licence of a transferor who does not conform to the transfer requirements under new sections 23(1) to 23(5).
    As a result of the repeal of section 23.1 of the Firearms Act, the Registrar is no longer prohibited from maintaining a record of a request made by a transferor in the case of a firearm transfer. In fact, clause 10 of Bill C‑71 amends section 85 of the Firearms Act by adding new sections 85(1)(c) and 85(1)(d), which require the Registrar to establish and maintain a record of the following information (collected under the new authority in section 23 of the Firearms Act):

1. every request for a reference number made to the Registrar under section 23 and, if the request is refused, the reasons for refusing the request; and
    2. every reference number that is issued by the Registrar under subsection 23(3) and, with respect to each reference number, the day on which it was issued and the licence numbers of the transferor and transferee.

Wolverine Supplies just posted this...

https://www.facebook.com/36776040325...9076823791932/

Thumbs down Re: Anyone on the fence about a new firearm, do it before May 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfy42 View Post
    Just keep in mind this is more of a background check on the person buying the firearm. Not a registration. Anytime the word registration is used, it’s incorrect.
    So... we are expected to take your word over what the Lawyer states in the video I posted earlier?

Pass.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Runkle's take on that matter:

Didn’t you already post that same video? Must be a good er, although I have no idea who “Runkle” is, other than a character on Californication. Duchovny’s best work in my opinion.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    OK maybe I just didn't remember, I am sure when I bought my license before at a gun store they didn't ask.
    But what's the point?
    If I say at the time that I don't but change my mind next day.
    By stating a weapon of choice and use, you are not bound to only hunt by that method. The point is, it supports wildlife management practices. Collecting data about where hunters live, how far they travel to hunt, success rates and days afield. It contributes to the bigger wildlife management and hunting opportunity decisions.

Whats Max and Jay got to say about this?

Originally Posted by wildcatter
    OK maybe I just didn't remember, I am sure when I bought my license before at a gun store they didn't ask.
    But what's the point?
    If I say at the time that I don't but change my mind next day.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    By stating a weapon of choice and use, you are not bound to only hunt by that method. The point is, it supports wildlife management practices. Collecting data about where hunters live, how far they travel to hunt, success rates and days afield. It contributes to the bigger wildlife management and hunting opportunity decisions.
    I doubt outside vendors care very much. FWIW my go-to vendor is most often Service B.C. and I have been asked the question regarding bow hunting for as long as I can remember. I agree with JT, the question simply adds to the gov't database about the number of bow hunters out there.

Arrow Re: Anyone on the fence about a new firearm, do it before May 18.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Whats Max and Jay got to say about this?
    Who Cares...

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Thumbs down Re: Anyone on the fence about a new firearm, do it before May 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfy42 View Post
    Just because someone is a lawyer doesn’t mean they are correct or know what they are talking about.
    All of that babble simply confirms you don't actually understand what you are spewing about.
    Again, I'll take his word over yours every single day.

Cheers,
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me