Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone on the fence about a new firearm, do it before May 18.

Re: Anyone on the fence about a new firearm, do it before May 18.

Geeezz I’m getting really, really ,tired of this Liberal government ! Every day seems another issue comes up !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Crazy thing is i spoke with 3 gunshop owners this week and they didnt mention it. And no conservatives at the gun show in april and nobody mentioned it mr caputo was to busy commenting on eurpean issues and waxing his bald head.

Just talked to a shop owner who recently spoke with the cfo, didn’t mention a thing about it.

Ian Runkle just made a video on the topic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep3-V2ufx3k

Can anyone post official government/RCMP link about this? Tried to find it and can't find anything. The only thing I see is on various websites. Nothing official as far as I can see.
    Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by NĄck View Post
    Can anyone post official government/RCMP link about this? Tried to find it and can't find anything. The only thing I see is on various websites. Nothing official as far as I can see.
    Much appreciated.
    Bill C 71, search it for the whole enchelada. I'm not sure where you would find the timeline.

2.1.3 Transfer of Non‑restricted Firearms (Clauses 5, 9 and 10)

Under the Firearms Act, the term “transfer” means to sell, barter or give (section 21). Bill C‑71 replaces sections 23 and 23.1 of the Firearms Act with new sections 23(1) to 23(5) and raises the threshold of responsibility for a person wishing to transfer non‑restricted firearms who must now verify the validity of the licence of an individual prior to the transfer.
    Clause 5 of the bill provides that a “person” (defined to include a corporation in section 35 of the Interpretation Act16) must verify the transferee’s eligibility with the Registrar of Firearms (the Registrar) before completing the transfer. A transfer can therefore only occur once the Registrar is satisfied that the transferee holds a licence authorizing the acquisition and possession of a non‑restricted firearm. At the time of verification by the Registrar, a reference number is given that is valid for a prescribed period.
    Previously, the transferor was authorized to transfer non‑restricted firearms without verification if there was no reason to believe that the transferee was not authorized to acquire and possess a non‑restricted firearm. Thus, all requests to the Registrar for verification were made on a voluntary basis.
    Clause 9 of the bill amends section 70(1)(a) of the Firearms Act to provide that a CFO may revoke the licence of a transferor who does not conform to the transfer requirements under new sections 23(1) to 23(5).
    As a result of the repeal of section 23.1 of the Firearms Act, the Registrar is no longer prohibited from maintaining a record of a request made by a transferor in the case of a firearm transfer. In fact, clause 10 of Bill C‑71 amends section 85 of the Firearms Act by adding new sections 85(1)(c) and 85(1)(d), which require the Registrar to establish and maintain a record of the following information (collected under the new authority in section 23 of the Firearms Act):

1. every request for a reference number made to the Registrar under section 23 and, if the request is refused, the reasons for refusing the request; and
    2. every reference number that is issued by the Registrar under subsection 23(3) and, with respect to each reference number, the day on which it was issued and the licence numbers of the transferor and transf

Interesting that the same governments that want to restrict/remove single shot/repeating/semi-auto firearms ownership in their jurisdictions are so supportive of providing fully automatic firearms handed out from container trucks to any person that walks up to the que in the Ukraine. Just WTF is going on that there could be such assholes in this country and that they could actually get elected to positions of authority?

Be well.../B
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Quote Originally Posted by NĄck View Post
    Much appreciated.
    Agreed. I'd like to see an official Gov't website link that shows this. I'm not finding it.

I work at Corlanes in Dawson Creek, absolutely no word about this from the owners, or other staff.
    Need to ask about this on Monday...
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

Where does it say May 18 you must register your long gun?
    That's just a bunch of legal mumbo-jumbo and I'm stupid.