Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone on the fence about a new firearm, do it before May 18.

Re: Anyone on the fence about a new firearm, do it before May 18.

I think we have 3 shops on HBC that our sponsors on here that sell Firearms if I’m not mistaken .
    Do they know the details on this ?
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Nˇck;[URL="tel:2338757"
    2338757[/URL]]Where does it say May 18 you must register your long gun?
    That's just a bunch of legal mumbo-jumbo and I'm stupid.
    There is no new registry “per se”. None of the firearms you currently possess need to be registered. As of May 18th, if you want to buy or sell a non restricted firearm you will need the blessing of the CFO. The CFO will have a record of all firearms that transfer hands from that date. Businesses will have to copy down pertinent details from firearms sales and retain it for 20 yrs. Not a “registry”, but a record of everyone who buys a non restricted firearm. I haven’t looked to see what information you have to supply to the registrar to get a transfer number. If its like restricted transfers you’ll need serial number, make, and model. Non of the info I’ve read so far mentions anything about that, but if that were the case, the government would have a list of who owns what. Stupid thing is, if you’re privately
    transferring a gun that wasn’t previously registered and didn’t contact the registrar, who the hell would know? Clear as mud, eh?

TheGunBlog.ca

Update to All Subscribers

You're getting this because you signed up to TheGunBlog.ca. If you no longer want our updates, please Unsubscribe. If you want all our updates, join as a member.

Hi!

I want to update you about this from today:

You have less than 2 weeks to buy, sell or transfer any "Non-Restricted" guns without requiring explicit permission from the Registrar of Firearms (RCMP).

Bill C-71 Restrictions Start This Month on Buying/Selling ‘Non-Restricted’ Guns

Source: Canada Gun News: Week of 2022 May 02
    05 May 2022
    TheGunBlog.ca The Canadian government will start enforcing new restrictions on government-licensed gun owners this month, as the governing Liberal Party continues its political and regulatory attacks against hunters, sport shooters and firearm collectors.

Details

• The regulations stem from Bill C-71, a law the Liberals passed in 2019.
    • The measures take effect on May 18, according to an Orders in Council dated 29 April and published online today.
    • They apply only to government-licensed firearm users and businesses.
    • The restrictions include:
      1. “Non-Restricted” Firearm Transfers: It will be a crime for any licensed gun owner to buy, sell or give away any “Non-Restricted” rifle or shotgun without explicit permission for the transfer from the Registrar of Firearms in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police - Canadian Firearms Program.
        • It will require contacting the RCMP to request a reference number for the transaction.
        • It applies even to all licence holders, include a spouse who wants to give a rifle or shotgun to their spouse, or a parent who wants to give a rifle or shotgun to their child.

2. Gun Store Registry: Gun stores will be required to store the personal details of licensed buyers of “Non-Restricted” rifles and shotguns for 20 years, in a violation of personal privacy.

• Other restrictions also kick in, but those are the biggies for most PAL holders and businesses (in my opinion).

Screenshot
    (Sign in to see the screenshot of the summaries of the Orders in Council.)

Government Comment

• I've asked the Department of Public Safety for more info.
    • I'll update the report as soon as I hear back, possibly tomorrow.

See all my Bill C-71 Reports

If this is new to you, The Bill C-71 Book is still your best resource, available to purchase via this page. (I co-wrote that amazing booklet with Christopher di Armani).

The best is yet to come!

Nicolas

Nicolas Johnson
    TheGunBlog.ca

Thank you to all our fans, members and donors who make TheGunBlog.capossible.

Please join as a member to keep us strong and free.

Did someone forward this to you?
    Last edited by Elkaddict; 05-08-2022 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citori54 View Post
    I can assure you I will never again sell or buy a firearm
    you just told everyone on www.

Quote Originally Posted by Nˇck View Post
    Where does it say May 18 you must register your long gun?
    That's just a bunch of legal mumbo-jumbo and I'm stupid.

Read the first few posts again. It doesn’t say you need to register anything, just that you can’t buy or sell without a “reference number”.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Thinking that a handful of people with nothing better to do could overwhelm this system of transfer permits pretty easily
    just like they could overwhelm the handgun att
    Is the cfo office going to be able to handle the influx of 1,000 requests per day? 10,000?
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    I was getting my bear tag today at the Regional District office and they asked me if I hunt with the bow.
    I thought that's odd, I don't recall having been asked that before.
    So probably something to do with this new law.
    LOL ALL of us hunt with bows no?

I'm not surprised with this new law, the governmental nefarious agenda continues.....

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Crazy thing is i spoke with 3 gunshop owners this week and they didnt mention it. And no conservatives at the gun show in april and nobody mentioned it mr caputo was to busy commenting on eurpean issues and waxing his bald head.
    One thing I'll tell you about Caputo: he cares about his voters, or so I believe..he has replied to every single email I have ever sent him, & not just generic replies either..unlike Mr. Albas, who has replied to exactly zero....

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    Interesting that the same governments that want to restrict/remove single shot/repeating/semi-auto firearms ownership in their jurisdictions are so supportive of providing fully automatic firearms handed out from container trucks to any person that walks up to the que in the Ukraine. Just WTF is going on that there could be such assholes in this country and that they could actually get elected to positions of authority?

Be well.../B
    It is indeed surprising that they get voted in, but there are more PC liberal doooche woke crowd voters that elect these scumbags, with complete ignorant bliss to the fact that they're extinguishing our freedoms..

The upside is it's an order in council which means it can be repealed as quickly as it was implemented.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Arrow Re: Anyone on the fence about a new firearm, do it before May 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Read the first few posts again. It doesn’t say you need to register anything, just that you can’t buy or sell without a “reference number”.
    Runkle's take on that matter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me