Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
If you cannot make the time, the issues are not important enough to you to do so. Period.

I understand the frustration.
Been pounding on that door for decades.
I simply do not, and will not ever buy into your final statement.

Nog
Same dynamic as other dispute threads we've had on this forum, right? Resident hunters and anglers aren't yet completely aligned on goals, tactics or strategy or the prospect for success.

I think, though, that we're slowly moving to a position where resident hunters and anglers agree on the 5-10 challenges that we really need to address, and we're even more slowly getting to a position where we agree on how best to address those challenges. Slow movement in the right direction is better than no movement in the right direction at all.

In no particular order here's the non-exhaustive list of challenges/tasks:

1) restore fish, wildlife and habitat
2) manage predators
3) maintain access
4) avoid the divide and conquer game
5) figure out the way to address the First Nations challenge/change in societal order/G2G approach so that we gain strength from it
6) address the tactic of using fish, wildlife and habitat as a political tool & make those decisions based on apolitical science
7) convert apathetic hunters and anglers into effective advocates for what we do
build support for what we do among non-hunting and non-angling tax-paying voters
9) figure out what combo of strategy and tactics for change come at relatively low cost of resident hunters and anglers (who do have other demands on their time and resources) but which are high cost for our opponents, especially those in government who make the decisions.

I'm sure we can add some more to that list and get the items I've listed more focused provided we argue enough about it and take notes