Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any News if there is going to be a open moose season in &B

Any News if there is going to be a open moose season in &B

Just curious has anyone heard any leaks if there is going to be a open moose season in the peace region 7B this year or all LEH

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any News if there is going to be a open moose season in &B

It’s a long shot , they say the hunting regs will be out before the LEH ... one will have to look and see , for region 7b one will know soon enough if any open season is going to happen,if you see “ please refer to the LEH regs which could happen ( hoping not ) you’ll then know forsure it’s LEH

Funny LEH~~it's going to be a free for all, the locals are not going to stand for FNs and guided hunters getting their moose while they play a lottery for a tag. Mark my words.

100% right!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Funny LEH~~it's going to be a free for all, the locals are not going to stand for FNs and guided hunters getting their moose while they play a lottery for a tag. Mark my words.

Exactly. Which will means antler configuration, number of points, sex, license and tags, etc. isn’t gonna matter. All the same once it hits the freezer.

As a local, I would agree that this is a prevailing attitude. I find it hard to condemn anyone for it too. Moose meat is a way of life up here, and with healthy numbers of moose it's going to be hard for folks to stomach being cut out of the pie.

Quote Originally Posted by canishunter22-250 View Post
    As a local, I would agree that this is a prevailing attitude. I find it hard to condemn anyone for it too. Moose meat is a way of life up here, and with healthy numbers of moose it's going to be hard for folks to stomach being cut out of the pie.
    This is good to hear.

The People will lose everything if they keep on letting the government take it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    This is good to hear.

The People will lose everything if they keep on letting the government take it away.
    I also agree....

I know I will have an unpopular opinion for some, but I am a former 7b local, lived in chetwynd....in addition to the backroom NDP dealings, I do think the predominant local attitude is partly coming back back to bite everybody....locals hate anybody non local coming to hunt up there, I've seen and heard many many many comments/conversations complaining about allegedly lower moose numbers, which to my understanding of actual biologist data contradicts the estimated numbers

so now that all residents are getting shafted, locals are crying foul and suddenly claiming numbers are healthy? catch 22, complain long enough, complain hard enough and voila, perhaps you might be part of the problem and providing fuel to the FN/NDP decision making....local opinion is validating what the keepers of the land are saying!!

from my experiences, the early season GOS any bull clears out easy access road corridors, and that's what everybody complains about, so many many many times I have heard "back in the day you could drive around with a flat of beer and you and two buddies would each have a moose before you ran out of beer"...that is a direct quote from the loudest complainer I worked with, I heard it every august when gos any bull opens LOL...half the mine said the same crap

but the moose numbers have been the best I've been privileged enough to hunt in BC, patterns change, honey holes shift...but I've never gone hunting without seeing moose, legal points or not is a different question

with that said, how many CO's per square km range in 7b? good luck catching all the unauthorized harvesting which is about to occur
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

100% especially those with young ones and wife to feed