Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Any News if there is going to be a open moose season in &B

Re: Any News if there is going to be a open moose season in &B

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    If you cannot make the time, the issues are not important enough to you to do so. Period.

I understand the frustration.
    Been pounding on that door for decades.
    I simply do not, and will not ever buy into your final statement.

Nog
    Same dynamic as other dispute threads we've had on this forum, right? Resident hunters and anglers aren't yet completely aligned on goals, tactics or strategy or the prospect for success.

I think, though, that we're slowly moving to a position where resident hunters and anglers agree on the 5-10 challenges that we really need to address, and we're even more slowly getting to a position where we agree on how best to address those challenges. Slow movement in the right direction is better than no movement in the right direction at all.

In no particular order here's the non-exhaustive list of challenges/tasks:

1) restore fish, wildlife and habitat
    2) manage predators
    3) maintain access
    4) avoid the divide and conquer game
    5) figure out the way to address the First Nations challenge/change in societal order/G2G approach so that we gain strength from it
    6) address the tactic of using fish, wildlife and habitat as a political tool & make those decisions based on apolitical science
    7) convert apathetic hunters and anglers into effective advocates for what we do
    build support for what we do among non-hunting and non-angling tax-paying voters
    9) figure out what combo of strategy and tactics for change come at relatively low cost of resident hunters and anglers (who do have other demands on their time and resources) but which are high cost for our opponents, especially those in government who make the decisions.

I'm sure we can add some more to that list and get the items I've listed more focused provided we argue enough about it and take notes
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Arrow Re: Any News if there is going to be a open moose season in &B

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    I'm sure we can add some more to that list and get the items I've listed more focused provided we argue enough about it and take notes
    Your list is fine.
    There are other items that could be added as always.

Not the point.
    Some of us have been banging our heads against the wall of attempting to get hunters and anglers involved for decades.
    Four of those in my case.
    Forgive me and them as we slowly become jaded by the lack of interest...

Sadly,
    Nog
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 05-18-2022 at 12:19 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Your list is fine.
    There are other items that could be added as always.

Not the point.
    Some of us have been banging our heads against the wall of attempting to get hunters and anglers involved for decades.
    Four of those in my case.
    Forgive me and them as we slowly become jaded by the lack of interest...

Sadly,
    Nog

I understand that people get frustrated, and I understand that people have been attempting to get resident hunters and anglers to get involved for decades. It's safe to assume that eventually burn out will come into play. Besides, none of us live forever.

What's the solution to burn out and the death of influential individuals? Traditionally it's to deepen the bench and let burned out people take a break, so that should probably be added to the list. I think we can agree that there are two strains of thought on this topic. One is to make the circle ever smaller and the other is to make it ever bigger.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Arrow Re: Any News if there is going to be a open moose season in &B

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    ... I think we can agree that there are two strains of thought on this topic. One is to make the circle ever smaller and the other is to make it ever bigger.
    Mine is, and has forever been to make our circle (influence) as wide as possible.
    Apparently most appear to be content to whine on various forums rather than actually engage.

There comes a time when year after year after year of realizing just how apathetic a bunch we are overall starts to make one jaded.
    I am getting dangerously close...

Not quite yet though as a good Buddy reminded me yesterday, there are still a few irons in the fire that need tending...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me