Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wood Stove Install in a Travel Trailer

Re: Wood Stove Install in a Travel Trailer

Tried of waking up cold with the stove out so just put an amazon diesel heater into a box that will go outside.

The box holds the heater, battery and fuel tank. Remote start and temp sensor inside so I'll be able to set it at 20degrees.
    Will be able to run the stove if I want, and the diesel heater in the box outside

Going to put a hole in the side for the box to blow hot air in with a 4" pipe. The box will be about 4 feet away from the trailer so I don't have to worry about exhaust.
    Can use the box for ice fishing huts, wall tents, whatever. It should be good. Tested it and burn about 1.5l in 6 hours on high/max output. The 15l tank is supposed to last 40 hours on high.

I'll try and see if I have a picture of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    My old trailer

My new trailer. Used the same clear top with chimney from my old trailer. I use one of the big tin barrel stoves. Too small is no good, gotta be up all night filling it or relighting it.

Awesome setup......

I have a 16’ dual axle cargo trailer. Fits two ATV’s and a 14’ aluminum boat on top of the ATV’s inside.

Beds: It has two beds (they can be made into a king size bed as well with a piece of plywood for the middle). These beds fold up with piano hinges on 2 by 6 and hinged legs that come down when you put the bed down. When raised up, it’s held against the wall with ratchet straps. The best part about these beds is that that foam, sleeping bags, and pillows all stay there folded up with the bed. Also, it’s only attached to the walls with 3 screws. The weight is supported underneath with the 2by6. I can take both beds out or move them forward or backward inside the trailer easily if need be (if reconfiguring the trailer). Using this system, you don’t need to have the bedding (foam, sleeping bags, etc) separate. Undo ratchet straps and go to sleep!

Shelter: I have a modified awning that I built from car shelter parts that click together and tarp. The tarp rolls up with a long bar (car shelter parts) inside it. The parts store next to my ramps for the ATV’s under one of the beds. First thing at camp it to click the shelter parts to the side of the trailer. Then unroll the tarp and I use bungees across to hold it together. I have side pieces as well for full enclosure, but that’s not in the pictures. This shelter holds up to nice snow and keeps in heat when we put a wood stove outside.

Stove: Wood stove made from 30lb propane tank was given to me by hunting buddy. In winter, I use a slow burn sawdust log at night to keep it warm for hours when choked. I have a fan that runs off the heat. It’s nice to circulate the air.

Fridge: Bought a regular fridge. It’s better than a cooler and has a separate fridge. I put frozen water bottles inside and use that to keep food cold for several days. Any longer and I use the generator for a few hours at night to keep it cold and refreeze the water bottles which acts as a cooler for the other items inside.

Counter and shelves: Cut from plywood and painted white. Curved at the front to match the trailer.

Drawers: Meant for garage, but they lock, so installed them here.

Lights: Led strip lights inside and outside. They run on battery or generator.

EZ Track System: Use it to hang hunting clothes (especially when wet to quickly dry out by the wood stove). On other side, used to strap in two tables and 2 chairs.

Power Bar: Power to charge everything when the generator is on. I keep a car battery charger on the shelf to easily charge the car battery.

Misc Items: Chainsaw, axes, etc. are stored under the bed. Most items can be accessed with the bed is down, you just open the door.

Gas: goes in the back of the truck. Otherwise it stink and spills in the trailer.

So I have 10 pictures of the trailer that I can't upload due to quote size. I saved them as smallest size when emailing from phone to computer. Something isn't right. I hate this website for pictures.

the last time I had to post a pick I just uploaded it to the gallery here and then linked it to the thread...seemed to work well...
    Quote Originally Posted by fishhunt View Post
    So I have 10 pictures of the trailer that I can't upload due to quote size. I saved them as smallest size when emailing from phone to computer. Something isn't right. I hate this website for pictures.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showp...new2me&cat=500

I go to the gallery tab and upload a photo...then click on the photo and copy the location in the address bar and paste it on the thread...I hope this works
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 06-07-2022 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showp...new2me&cat=500

I go to the gallery tab and upload a photo...then click on the photo and copy the location in the address bar and paste it on the thread...I hope this works

Thank you. Appreciate the help. This worked.

Wow fishhunt that's a gorgeous setup..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Wow fishhunt that's a gorgeous setup..
    Ditto...

Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...