Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spanish Lake open pit mine proposal.

Re: Spanish Lake open pit mine proposal.

hmmm I dealt with a situation on Quesnel Lake..speaking with provincial biologist.who informed me Quesnel lake itself was the largest spawning channel in the entire world.
    the lake itself has enough current..for proper oxygenation..water movement for high survival..and the fish had no need to try the creeks flowing into the lake.
    i dont know if/how that has changed since Polly mine disaster.
    srupp

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Actually as long as the tailings stay submerged in water they are fairly safe. The problem is when they are left exposed to air do they become oxidized and poisonous even if re sumerged. My old man was in the reclamation business for a long time and I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see the water samples for myself.
    heavy metals are toxins , wet or dry.
    some easy reading on the true impacts
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5129257/

interesting that bacteria can be used in gold extraction , better than conventional methods
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

as mentioned in a few reports, the sediments are being stirred up every time the lake turns over ( lake turnover is an amazing phenomena because of water being most dense at 4C...without it there would be little oxygen at depth and nutrients would not get pushed to the surface)

I live close to Mitchell Bay. The white silt from the polly spill showed for many years as the lake turned over. If you think it all flowed down to the fraser river you are delusional. It is still flowing down the stream it washed out. The contaminates are still in all the broken logs along the shores. The clean up crew ground all the logs and sent then around the country for compost additives. Something like 9000 cubic meters of mine tailings impregnated wood. Hope the yeah sayers got some of that stuff.
    Quesnel lake doesn't need more tailings added to it.
    I'm done fishing it.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    Ya
    Just heard about it and am trying to learn more

sounds like it’s an old project finally getting some $ thrown at it?

The local FN have already signed off and approved it, so it sounds like it’s a go….

Seems to me like if they Manage the Salmon run to Zero in Quesnel lake, then they should be in the clear to dam it to help charge everyone’s cars…..
    And right there is my biggest fear and sadly the reality of bc's grim future.