Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Float planes northern BC

Re: Float planes northern BC

Tattooga is closed for the season, I was told that this week. Bc Yukon air is booked solid past September 12 and Klappan air I can’t get a hold of after numerous try’s.Hope everyone has better luck that me , I had to cancel my trip based on all this.
    yep that's what I said

Hope that’s the case, from what I have heard that’s not the case but it’s all hearsay so time will tell. Can’t imagine flights being cheap this year with the price of fuel that’s for sure.

Has anyone else noticed flights from muncho nearly double that of Watson or WH? Iv gotten a few quotes, Urs was way up from the rest for the same kind of distance, Round trip.

Urs' prices are very high.
    Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed flights from muncho nearly double that of Watson or WH? Iv gotten a few quotes, Urs was way up from the rest for the same kind of distance, Round trip.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    Save your $$ and drive to Waston Lk
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Save your $$ and drive to Waston Lk
    Becoming about the best/most reliable option these days. Tricky to be able to plan and pull off a fly-in trip in BC these days and only getting tougher it seems. Have to be ready to adapt last minute and be prepared for cancellations, lake changes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Becoming about the best/most reliable option these days. Tricky to be able to plan and pull off a fly-in trip in BC these days and only getting tougher it seems. Have to be ready to adapt last minute and be prepared for cancellations, lake changes, etc.
    Yes indeed , the joys of bush planes in the north .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Thanks for all the replies. I cant get a reply from anyone in the area about flying in August.

My hunting partner had to back out of out goat hunt this year. So i desided to take my daughter (shes 11 and loves hunting/hiking/camping), then my boat contact in telegraph creek has split up their relationship. So i figured id pay the extra and have a fly in goat trip with my daughter to make it as memerable as i can but i cant make that happen.

So i guess ill have to find a place we can hike in off the road in region 6.

I already have 2 weeks in August off. Maybe will have to pay to park the car at bell II lodge and hike in behind there and try and pick up the old yukon telegraph trail. Finding a spot to park a car for 10 days seems hard to do..

Quote Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I cant get a reply from anyone in the area about flying in August.

My hunting partner had to back out of out goat hunt this year. So i desided to take my daughter (shes 11 and loves hunting/hiking/camping), then my boat contact in telegraph creek has split up their relationship. So i figured id pay the extra and have a fly in goat trip with my daughter to make it as memerable as i can but i cant make that happen.

So i guess ill have to find a place we can hike in off the road in region 6.

I already have 2 weeks in August off. Maybe will have to pay to park the car at bell II lodge and hike in behind there and try and pick up the old yukon telegraph trail. Finding a spot to park a car for 10 days seems hard to do..
    Evanguy....the TC trail is beyond over grown....honestly with an 11 year old, I would suggest something easier. If you are serious, send me a PM and I will you a few suggestions
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche123 View Post
    Evanguy....the TC trail is beyond over grown....honestly with an 11 year old, I would suggest something easier. If you are serious, send me a PM and I will you a few suggestions
    thanks ill do that, and I have read all the reports on the trail I can find and I believe it is nearly gone, I was just thinking about using that as a starting point to get off the road and then hike into the alpine. ill send you a PM now.