Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Indian band declares Ashnola valley protected

Re: Indian band declares Ashnola valley protected

So can anyone give any information on what is actually happening? Are any non native visitors banned from accessing Ashnola FSR out of Keremeos? What happens if you get 'caught' on the declared piece of land? Is there an actual proper map representing said land? Has this been actually ratified into law, or is this land claim just some declaration of what they would like to happen?

I cant seem to find any legitimate answers aside from the native bands pretty much decided that its all theirs and no one can access it anymore unless they say so. No need to get political i feel as if everything that could be said has been said... I would just like some information to actually make decisions with regarding this next hunting season.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulman View Post
    So can anyone give any information on what is actually happening? Are any non native visitors banned from accessing Ashnola FSR out of Keremeos? What happens if you get 'caught' on the declared piece of land? Is there an actual proper map representing said land? Has this been actually ratified into law, or is this land claim just some declaration of what they would like to happen?

I cant seem to find any legitimate answers aside from the native bands pretty much decided that its all theirs and no one can access it anymore unless they say so. No need to get political i feel as if everything that could be said has been said... I would just like some information to actually make decisions with regarding this next hunting season.

Thanks
    https://www.castanet.net/news/Pentic...conserved-area

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    Just got off the phone with one of the guys I was with. I left in the afternoon but he stayed until after dark. If you know the Pemberton Valley and the Lillooet FSR, he ran into a grizzly at the 4k mark, so not far up past the bridge. Likely the sow with cubs that others have seen. She huffed and puffed but all ended well.
    Buddy saw a juvenile grizz up at 28 Km last week.

Have they actually stated that there is no access?
    iirc they just want to be the lead on access and management, more layers of talk and no show

Quote Originally Posted by Paulman View Post

Thanks
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

I camped at the canyon rec site last weekend (Red Bridge) and on the May Long (Horseshoe). Some signage declaring the Band's position on the road in (paved), but nothing once we were on the gravel. Interesting that no one came by to collect - while over the May long, the contractor was there, collected and was monitoring the Rec sites. Very little in the media as of late.

I would like to declare that the Indian band can lick deez nuts!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Call me naive but wouldn’t it be an idea to try speaking with them with the aim that hunting remains allowed

In one way, I can see the FN’s frustration with governments, be it provincial or federal.
    There is another band on central coast of bc claiming protection to an area also.
    Lets face it, if we could (non fn sportsmen), we would have closed off areas as well but still allowed hunting if we could.
    Saltwater rec folks are pushed with the dfo.
    Many of us here in bc are pissed with the lack of concern and assistance from our previous and current elected parties.
    The difference is, the fn have some new other avenues now.
    We don’t.
    I do hope we will have access.
    Because I can see this happening all over the place and might be taking off like wildfire soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Because I can see this happening all over the place and might be taking off like wildfire soon!
    You got that part right for sure, how long until the hot heads come out and things get heated at roadside again?

When can we get through the layers of paper and get to the table already?
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Did anyone here hunt the "protected" area last year or been up that way recently? Curious of what is happening there now and if it's accessible for all or not. Feel free to DM if you don't want to share publicly.