Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
And answer how you think its been going so far...

Ive been honest and forthright in my opinions and takes on things, it would be interesting to me and others to hear answers to these questions in a concise manor without speaking out of both sides of your mouth, no spin, just truth.

People are looking for leadership to get behind. someone to donate to. As seen in the truckers protest there is no shortage of dollar bills when people are inspired.
Speaking out of both sides of my mouth? No spin, just truth? Are you accusing me of lying? OK, if we're taking the gloves off, the actual problem is that you're stupid, can't read English and make stupid assumptions. Am I doing this right? To be fair, I already told you where to look for the strategy, and I recommend you do so. (and btw, Wildcatter, when's the last time a Radical Democrat recommended that someone read Andrew Breitbart? I'm still laughing about that one. Without Andrew Breitbart there would be no Trump).

First, the one thing I've been saying is "Don't piss people off when you need their support to accomplish your goals". As far as I know there are two questions in relation to that issue that you haven't answered.

1) Do you share the goal of restoring fish, wildlife and habitat and maintaining access to those three things for all BCers?
2) If you do share that goal do you think it's a wise tactic to piss off people who's support is critical to accomplishing that goal?

Strategy? Fairly simple. Change the conversation about fishing, hunting, conservation and access to the land base and the waters in BC so that government has to take those issues seriously and take the steps that people like me want to see (people like me because, again, as far as I can recall you haven't come out clearly for my clearly stated and broken record goal).

That requires getting a lot more than just hunters and anglers supporting this. You've seen the math before - on one extreme is a minority that opposes hunting and firearms. On the other side of the spectrum are the people who hunt and fish and who like and need firearms. We'll keep this stage simple and say that those groups are 10% on each side. That means there's 80% who are predominantly undecided. We need to present a story, a narrative, if you will, that appeals to them and which they will support. I'm pretty sure you're the guy who says truth doesn't win the day anymore, right?. Her's the great thing: we can create a narrative that is not only convincing, but that is true, so we can have the best of both worlds.

A large percentage of that great big middle support hunting for food, for example. Those numbers drop off substantially if you ask them if they support trophy hunting. (Don't anyone let that term trigger you. It's just data). As someone earlier in the thread pointed out, when you start pointing out the downstream effects of you and I hunting it's pretty easy to demonstrate to non-hunters and non-anglers that they all benefit in a ton of ways from hunters and anglers existing and doing what we do.

Create a much larger and much more efficient hunter-conservationist NGO (essentially make BCWF bigger, with more members, and more effective). Generate more money and take things to court when we can. As the guys who founded RMEF once observed "That first million dollar donation was a game changer".

Integrate western science and Indigenous knowledge and create as many healthy relationships with First Nations as possible. If your goal is restoring fish, wildlife and habitat and maintaining access to those three things for all BCers you'll understand why that's critical. We're outgunned and under-manned. We need to exploit every single possible source of power we can if we're going to accomplish the goal. If you prefer purity tests, say hello to losing.

Get CORE back into the schools. Get young people exposed to hunting and angling.

Become much more effective politically and make it clear to the three parties that dismissing our interests will hurt them at the polling both.

Establish a fully funded chair in wildlife biology at one of the BC universities.

Establish an independent fish, wildlife and habitat management agency with dedicated funding.

I could expand further, but yogurt the drift and besides, what's the point? You don't think that we can pull it off, you haven't committed to the goal. Commit to the goal, send me an email asking how you can help, and I'll give you even more time. Meanwhile, if you like hunting and fishing, spread the message to others that they should stop chopping holes in our boat.

I'm going bear hunting tomorrow morning. I'll get back to you when I return.