Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skull hanger ideas?

Skull hanger ideas?

Anyone have a go-to skull hanger source (preferably Canadian) or DIY idea (that doesn’t require welding) for hanging an elk euro mount? I’ve got it hanging flat right now but I think I prefer the skull angled away from the wall. Thanks.

2021 bull, first euro.

anonymous pictures website

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Skull hanger ideas?

I grabbed some off Amazon for my deer euro's and they work fine

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=skull+moun...sl_db3xtm6ym_b

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Geeeez that is an awesome looking Euro ! One day !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkaddict View Post
    Anyone have a go-to skull hanger source (preferably Canadian) or DIY idea (that doesn’t require welding) for hanging an elk euro mount? I’ve got it hanging flat right now but I think I prefer the skull angled away from the wall. Thanks.

2021 bull, first euro.

Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Get the Skull Hooker. Buy once, cry once. You will be glad you did. Amazon, Cabelas, or however else you want to buy it.
    I got it for my caribou and the angled look is awesome. Much more dramatic.

I like the Dead On Display, but the angle mount might not work for an elk hanging on a wall
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I like the Dead On Display, but the angle mount might not work for an elk hanging on a wall
    In a perfect world I would be able to adjust the angle on the mount. I've seen a couple that are adjustable. Right now there's 15" from the tip of G6 to the wall, so I should be able to get some angle out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBrit View Post
    Get the Skull Hooker. Buy once, cry once. You will be glad you did. Amazon, Cabelas, or however else you want to buy it.
    I got it for my caribou and the angled look is awesome. Much more dramatic.
    I have a bunch of those as well, but unless you can grab them off Camofire when they come up, they are sure damn expensive for a simple head mount.

I have also seen DIY mounts that are like the Hooker, but I don't weld, so I look for the cheap ones.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I found the "Rack Bracket" today. It looks simple and very secure but, like the Skull Hooker, they ain't cheap. They also look really easy to fab up if one had the tools.

I went through the same thing as you with my elk euro last fall. I also thought the skull hooker was over priced and decided I could fab one up as I have a small welder. Well I spent two nights trying to get something that would work and could never get the angle right or the antlers evenly balanced. So ordered the big hooker the next day and 5 days later the rack was on the wall in like 15 minutes. It turns on the wall and you can mount it at 5 different angles. It’s pricey for what it is but it’s nice that you are not f**cken around trying to get it looking right.

I would just spend the money and not back.

bhb
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaddict View Post

2021 bull, first euro.

Great looking euro and elk but wow love the old wagon and wheel would want that displayed in the room some how.