Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Licks/attractants, Elk/Deer what works for you?

Re: Licks/attractants, Elk/Deer what works for you?

Super cool Observer!
    I deployed my first Blacktail cam two weeks ago. Threw some salt and deer crack down. Also sprayed some vanilla and home mixed apple scented spray. This spot is 15mins from home so it would be great if it panned out!
    Looking forward to more updates.
    ekul246

Does are dropping and will be lactating and as a result craving minerals.

Every area has different mineral deficiencies. Not a bad idea to chat to a rancher or a feed stock supplier as to what the ranchers are using in a particular area.

Another option, the one I prefer, is dump a ton of different sh*t down and quantify the results.

A lot of deer carve out a very comfortable living going from site to site to site to site.
    What?
    You didn't think that a deer on one of your sites is probably hitting a dozen(s) of other guy's sites.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Haven’t done cameras for a few years but we used to use “apple pie crush” and flavoured blocks underneath that and worked very well (for elk ), used to buy that stuff at Cabellas.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I use that $8 blue salt block. The does are hitting regularly. 1 buck so far.
    The salt block sits up on a grate on top of a 24" block with a plywood cover on the block. It will last for 2 years this way.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    Super cool Observer!
    I deployed my first Blacktail cam two weeks ago. Threw some salt and deer crack down. Also sprayed some vanilla and home mixed apple scented spray. This spot is 15mins from home so it would be great if it panned out!
    Looking forward to more updates.
    ekul246
    here is an update

Check out these Bucks and Bulls, 1st year cam results (huntingbc.ca)