Thread: Bill C 251

Thumbs up Bill C 251

MP Small tables legislation to improve sustainability of fish stocks
    February 9, 2022

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ottawa, ON — Today, Clifford Small, Conservative Member of Parliament for Coast of Bays—Central—Notre Dame, introduced Bill C-251, the Federal Framework on the Conservation of Fish Stocks and management of Pinnipeds Act, to promote the sustainability of Canada’s fish stocks.

Bill C-251 will ensure that conservation and protection of marine ecosystems are built into a new federal framework while opening the door for businesses and Indigenous communities to sell and trade pinniped products.

The Conservative Party of Canada supports a framework to provide business owners, harvesters, and Indigenous groups with guidance and predictability regarding the impact of pinniped populations on fish stocks.

“Healthy marine stocks ensure a vibrant fisheries economy, and the long-term sustainability of ecosystems and food chains in the ocean,” said M.P. Small. “For too long, Canadians whose livelihoods depend on healthy fish stocks, have witnessed the failure of conservation measures to ensure the sustainability of those stocks.”

“This legislation will provide an evidence-based framework to improve marine conservation and ensure the health of marine ecosystems that so many livelihoods on all coasts depend on,” concluded Small.

The Bill:

https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/e.../first-reading

For all those who thought this could never happen in BC, I strongly suggest you pay attention to the second reading of Bill C 251 next Wednesday.

And if you are in support yourself, a quick Email or letter to your own MP encouraging them to follow suit would certainly be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bill C 251

So basically legalizing a seal cull that the natives have been pushing for but there is the benefit passed on to us.
    Fair enough I guess.

Arrow Re: Bill C 251

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    So basically legalizing a seal cull that the natives have been pushing for but there is the benefit passed on to us.
    Fair enough I guess.
    If you take the time to read the actual Bill, there is NO mention of limiting it's development nor prosecution of what the Bill proposes to FN's. This has been an exhaustingly long uphill battle. However the eventual outcome should be of benefit to all.

BTW, what is proposed is a scientifically managed harvest, NOT a cull. HUGE Difference!

Cheers,
    Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    If you take the time to read the actual Bill, there is NO mention of limiting it's development nor prosecution of what the Bill proposes to FN's. This has been an exhaustingly long uphill battle. However the eventual outcome should be of benefit to all.

BTW, what is proposed is a scientifically managed harvest, NOT a cull. HUGE Difference!

Cheers,
    Nog
    Fair enough, I was just generalizing.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post

Cheers,
    Nog
    " what is proposed is a scientifically managed harvest, NOT a cull. HUGE Difference!"

What is the HUGE difference?

Sounds like Woke speak to me....

Keep up the great work. Pass on redefining the English language.

Arrow Re: Bill C 251

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    What is the HUGE difference?
    Nothing "woke" to it whatsoever.
    Simply following the definitions as they are currently recognized.

A cull generally simply refers to a targeted slaughter, wherein the carcasses are generally not processed for introduction to the open market.

As opposed to a harvest, wherein one of the underlying principles is to maximize the carcasses' use and returns from the open market.

Subtle perhaps, but truly a large difference IMO.

Nog

Guess he got to Know me

It’s okay guys.
    We live in a sensitive time amongst the antics and the politically correct.
    I am sure when a fee seal get taken the antis will scream it’s a cull.
    I get it’s a harvest to manage and maintain a sound population without throwing other things like salmon out of whack.
    And honestly, the salmon issue is what effects someone like me and my oppurtunies.
    Sp, reducing seals numbers thru fn is a good start.
    At least they might get away with it better than if it was a non native directive.

enjoy the sun boys

Interesting to see the liberal parliamentary secretary to the government leader come out in support as well as the balance of all parties speaking in favor.

Stay Tuned...
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me