Thread: LEH Masterclass Podcast

LEH Masterclass Podcast

I had the amazing opportunity to chat with BC's Data Licensing Unit Head Sarah McKinnon and Policy and Regulations Analyst Stephen MacIver to talk all about BC's limited entry hunting system. A podcast like this isn't easy as it takes multiple levels of government review before I was even able to request approval to record. I am told that they went through past Silvercore Podcast episodes and blog posts to ensure that the podcast would be respectful and professional. After months of review I was permitted to submit my request through email and then through zoom meetings. Finally, once approval was reached, I was put in touch with Sarah and Stephen who were gracious enough to share their knowledge and passion for what they do with Silvercore Podcast listeners.

Silvercore Club members were asked to submit their questions pertaining to LEH in BC, and I posed every one of their questions to Sarah and Stephen who answered them all in full. The result is the Silvercore Podcast LEH Masterclass which I hope will be a valuable resource to the hunting community in BC.

You can listen through all podcast providers (link below) or watch on YouTube. [** I am not sure why the video linked in this thread doesn't seem to show in Safari for me, but it does work in Chrome.]

https://link.chtbl.com/LEH

Last edited by Silvercore; 04-22-2022 at 05:04 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: LEH Masterclass Podcast

Great cast. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Some interesting and informative information on how the system works, from the inside.

I’m halfway through now and am enjoying it.

Lots of good info and your asking questions I know I had about the process.

Thank you! The whole LEH process can be a tad confusing and I hope it will help provide clarity and be a resource for both new and seasoned hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Roboduck View Post
    I’m halfway through now and am enjoying it.

Lots of good info and your asking questions I know I had about the process.

Thank you. It really is nice to get the information straight from the source. I also really enjoyed hearing things from their perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by wallz View Post
    Great cast. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Some interesting and informative information on how the system works, from the inside.

Great listen! Love the podcast. Did you ask them back when they did paper applications did they ever find cash in the envelope? I heard people tried to bribe the employees to get better odds!

@SilverCore: It's probably a setting within Safari. You can try this one as it probably has beef with "loading a third party site (ie: YouTube from HBC) via iframe" ... Apple security folks go a little overboard crippling functionality to prevent users from getting duped or even cross site cookies. If it's Macbook:

Safari > Preferences, then click Privacy
    Uncheck “Prevent cross-site tracking"

If it's iPhone:

Open the Settings menu.
    Scroll down and select the Safari option.
    Scroll down and tap the button to the right of Prevent Cross-Site Tracking

Enjoying the vid! Some trouble sleeping and this chatter is way more relaxing than most LEH chatter.

I am still going to apply for a 1/300 odds draw and rage when I don't get it in 12 years of trying

Thanks for putting this together and posting it up.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-24-2022 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
    Great listen! Love the podcast. Did you ask them back when they did paper applications did they ever find cash in the envelope? I heard people tried to bribe the employees to get better odds!
    That’s funny. It was actually something we discussed in detail off air. Yes it would happen, but it never changed their odds and obviously the workers could never keep the money. At least that was what was relayed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    @SilverCore: It's probably a setting within Safari. You can try this one as it probably has beef with "loading a third party site (ie: YouTube from HBC) via iframe" ... Apple security folks go a little overboard crippling functionality to prevent users from getting duped or even cross site cookies. If it's Macbook:

Safari > Preferences, then click Privacy
    Uncheck “Prevent cross-site tracking"

If it's iPhone:

Open the Settings menu.
    Scroll down and select the Safari option.
    Scroll down and tap the button to the right of Prevent Cross-Site Tracking

Enjoying the vid! Some trouble sleeping and this chatter is way more relaxing than most LEH chatter.

I am still going to apply for a 1/300 odds draw and rage when I don't get it in 12 years of trying

Thanks for putting this together and posting it up.

Thank you, I will give that a shot. Good luck on the 1/300 odds, I hope it proves to be your year!