Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Status of Nahatlatch FSR?

Re: Status of Nahatlatch FSR?

Usually, in the summer, East Harrison, up Shovel Creek and down Kookipi to Nahatlatch is a pretty easy 2wd FSR route. This year though will be entirely different and we won't know the full extent of that until all the snow is off.

Any update on access through North Bend?

A quick Instagram search shows piles of pictures of people at the lake in 2021 and 2022.. so I imagine it’s very accessible from on side or another

Is the road open past the campground yet?

East Harrison to Kookipee was a great drive in the summer! Did they ever fix the large washout?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Anyone been up to Nahatlatch Park recently? I was hoping to go to Grizzly Falls, but the park website says permanently closed due to wildfires and road washout.

Quote Originally Posted by tundraman View Post
    My first few trips up nahatlatch was about 40 years ago and we crossed the Fraser by the cable tram/car. It was a very narrow road up there at that time. Mushroom picking was very good. I would have liked to see Grizzly Falls during the big rains last November. They are a nice sight with low water, could only imagine what it was like then.
    I'm planning this weekend to go and visit. Grizzly falls for the first time myself

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    I'm planning this weekend to go and visit. Grizzly falls for the first time myself
    hmmm I've never heard of this area looked it up on google and it looks very interesting and i think i will add it to an area to explore myself. \if you manage to get in looking forward to photos

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    hmmm I've never heard of this area looked it up on google and it looks very interesting and i think i will add it to an area to explore myself. \if you manage to get in looking forward to photos
    Quite a busy area was planning to maybe check out the area and then go bear hunting for the day. Not much snow up there. Apparently, people have been up there this past weekend without issue

It’s a cool place. I’ve been there a few times. When I was hunting. I seen bears. Just the wrong kind Haha. It’s beautiful. Bring a fishing rod the bridge to jump over to hit the falls. Used to have a nice pool under it