Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Status of Nahatlatch FSR?

Status of Nahatlatch FSR?

I see that some of the rec sites at the beginning of the FSR out of Boston Bar are closed due to flooding. Is the main FSR accessible?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Status of Nahatlatch FSR?

District website says pickup access only to 14.5, no access past that point.

I believe the FSR is very washed out at 14.5 km, like several hundred meters of the road are gone. I'm planning to overfly it at some point next week, I'll report back if I do.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I believe the FSR is very washed out at 14.5 km, like several hundred meters of the road are gone. I'm planning to overfly it at some point next week, I'll report back if I do.
    Did you happen to do that fly over?

went there last weekend, the road is gone just right at the point where it pass the sign of Nahatlatch provincial park. The park still has couple of camp sites available, and less than 100 meters, the road is cut off and a big river crossing ahead. No way to proceed.

That’s too bad, what a valley that is. I had the pleasure of working in the back end in the early 2000’s. We built the last 3km of road from 83-86km. Took us 2 weeks to open the road up enough to get a truck back there and that was on a good year. I’d be surprised if we ever make it back that far again. Hopefully they can open it up too 42km so people can check out grizzly falls, that’s as cool of a spot as any.

thanks for the road reports.

So, is it blocked before the lakes?

Yes it's blocked before the lakes (at Log Creek). No way through. We have a cabin and have been walking around the washout and hiking in to the cabin (about 5km).

Quote Originally Posted by backstrap View Post
    That’s too bad, what a valley that is. I had the pleasure of working in the back end in the early 2000’s. We built the last 3km of road from 83-86km. Took us 2 weeks to open the road up enough to get a truck back there and that was on a good year. I’d be surprised if we ever make it back that far again. Hopefully they can open it up too 42km so people can check out grizzly falls, that’s as cool of a spot as any.

thanks for the road reports.
    You should post some stories of working there! I just read a wonderful story about a logging operation out of port Douglas on Facebook of all places. The crew worked the north end of Harrison lake for a few years and had some good stories written up about the work and conditions and how the camp was run ... was a great read.

I'd love to hear more about what you saw and did in that area - it's always great to hear from those first building roads or trails into a new area!

My first few trips up nahatlatch was about 40 years ago and we crossed the Fraser by the cable tram/car. It was a very narrow road up there at that time. Mushroom picking was very good. I would have liked to see Grizzly Falls during the big rains last November. They are a nice sight with low water, could only imagine what it was like then.